crankz's corner

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by crankz, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Not many little letters forming words this post. Just pix

Goofed around with the little lens

m1.JPG   m2.JPG
    m3.JPG   m4.JPG   m5.JPG

Room

1.JPG   2.JPG   3.JPG
    4.JPG   6.JPG
    5.JPG 7.JPG

Sampler and some juiciness 

8.JPG   9.JPG   10.JPG  

2. Awesome work brother

3. Right on, man!

4. Well shit, not having the best of ballast luck here as of late.
    Got home and was checking the res level for the moms, and the 1k MH bulb went out. Glad it waited till I got home...
    Bulbs are new, ballasts got lots of years on them. So, I did a quick swap to the ballast for the bulb above my veg system. Bulb fired back up. Cool, maybe just another capacitor. Nope. Transformer is dead.

image.jpg

Hopefully the other holds out for a little bit.
    I thought about getting an apolo digital. However, for about the same price of 1 cheap digital, I just ordered a pair of mag kits off the Bay... $140
    At least I'll be straight should the other die. Which is inevitable...

Rest of the room is groovy. 

5. What the hell are those things in picture 3 and 4 ? Seeds ? 

I really dig picture 7, they all seems so happy ! :)

6. Yeah, they're basically the remains of the fruit from a Sweetgum or Gumball tree. Seeds are inside of them. The one is rooting, I'm guessing. Trippy looking. 

7. That's awesome! This whole thread is absolutely fantastic. I hope to be a quarter as handy as you are someday

8. Haha... Right on!
    Just keep fuckin' with shit. That's how I got where I'm at. 

9. Just be willing to replace anything you're going to tear apart! That's how I learned too

10. This is true! I destroyed a perfectly good AC during my attempts to make my chiller. Bent a tube just a tad too far.
    Pishhh... Buh bye freon. [​IMG]
    Fortunately it was an old unit, and the new one worked out so much better anyway.

Have you done it yourself or followed a DIY plan ?

12. I did it myself.
    I got the idea off videos I had seen on youtube, but people where using dehumidifiers, and sticking the evap core right in the res. I knew you can't do that. Not with a copper core anyway. The nutes will eat it and create toxicities. So, I figured I'd chill a body of water, and pump that cold water through the stainless tubing coils.
    Got that idea off seeing some home brewing stuff. 
    I've done and seen lots of different stuff. So, if I think about something long enough, I'll find a way to cannibalize and/or re-purpose something to do what I want it to. Plus, we got google now days.
    20 years ago all I had was High Times and The Marijuana Growers Guide.
    I digress...
    I also try to make metal inventories of the kind of crap at different hardware/big-box stores that could be useful in my endeavors of thriftiness. Plus, I figure if someone or some company can make a certain thing, there's no damned reason why I can't figure a way to do the same.
    I enjoy the tinkering, and usually can save myself some money over purchasing something ready-made.  

Trying to be self-suffisant in short ? That's the best way to save money and learn to use your hands ! Anyway good idea, I'm gonna check this, im getting tired of cycling trought the frozen bottles.

14. That and, as they say, "Necessity is the mother of invention". The money saving is a bonus too. Because I don't wanna pay some of the prices that are charged for some of this stuff. The price markup seems ridiculous. Especially on things like ready-made hydroponic systems.
    I suppose I'm fortunate that I'm capable and have the means to do what I do. Not everyone is afforded that.

15. Man, I so love this thread dude!

16. Ah shucks... [​IMG]

17. Got the MH ballast kits today and swapped out the bad one. I still have yet to drag it back up in the attic and hook it back up. This weekend...

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

Room is kickin' ass. Everything is growing like crazy! Drain table is back to being a jungle again!
    Did some pruning of #4 (back left corner). She's always been a tall one. 

IMG_1029.JPG   IMG_1031.JPG

The vegging #7's are moving right along. Having that ballast die on me, had me a little worried though. Didn't know that I'd be able to get the kit as fast as I did. So, for a plan B, I went ahead and ordered a couple cheap apollo cfl wing reflectors. [​IMG]
    Figure I'll milk out the cfl's a little longer, but I want em horizontal.
    Should be here tomorrow. 

wing.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG   IMG_1034.JPG  
    IMG_1035.JPG   IMG_1036.JPG

Sampler Platter is sampler plattering.

IMG_1038.JPG

I chopped the top off the #7. I couldn't wait. I wanna try it... [​IMG]
    It's just a little nug anyway. Got it drying on top of my router. 

IMG_1039.JPG

On the plus side, now I can see the trichomes on the nugs below it easier.
    Speaking of which, here's some random shots.

IMG_1043.JPG   IMG_1044.JPG   IMG_1047.JPG

18. Looking Saweet Crankz!

19. Thank ya kindly! 

20. There's a fire escape temporarily inaccessible at work today. So, no grinding, torches, welding...etc.
    I took care of the welding issue.
    I'm a problem solver... [​IMG]

image.jpg