crankz's corner

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by crankz, Apr 7, 2015.

1. #61 crankz, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
    Yay, got this shit all cleaned up and done!

IMG_0800.JPG   IMG_0801.JPG   IMG_0804.JPG  

However, next week I'll be doing brakes on it, as well as the lower ball joint and hub bearing on the front left.
    That'll be a half ounce, thank you!

My room is doing its thing

IMG_0808.JPG   IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG   IMG_0811.JPG

Everybody is all mature and horny.
    Moms and the two #7's in the system are all showing preflowers

IMG_0812.JPG   IMG_0813.JPG

I wish I had about 10 flowering rooms! Maybe some day...

Sampler Platter is still sleeping till 9pm in mine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. What's up brother crankz! Bro, I was a diesel mechanic for 12 years before now! Looking good bro

3. Chillin', bro... chillin'!

I've done the diesel too. Worked on mass transit buses prior to switching over to their light rail trains.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #64 Billkillerz, May 25, 2015
    Yes, exactly ! Whats really amazing is that they looks-like the tap root coming off from the seed when you are germinating it in paper, having that very hairy-foamy look to it !

Oh yeah also, tell me crankz, is your avatar a drawing of your face ?

5. While I'd like to think I look a little better than the drawing, it is in fact a drawing of me. Done by a friend of mine a few years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Too bad I can't go back to the 80's...

80's.jpg

Then again, maybe not...

• Like Like x 1
  7. #67 crankz, May 25, 2015
    Right... so, here's more on my veg system. In case it offers anyone any ideas.

IMG_0818.JPG  

It's an overflow rdwc, with fog, low pressure aero, and top feed.
    Nutes are pumped to spray nozzles as well as the top feed every ~20 mins for ~50 seconds via one of my modded mechanical timers from the beginning of this thread. The top feed is pretty much throttled down to drips. Don't even need it at this point, but I incorporated it because I wasn't sure how well the aero sprayers were going to wet the netpots. Everything's peachy though.
    Anyway, that period of spraying fills/overflows the buckets to about 2 gallons. The level is maintained via the height at which the drainage outlet is placed, For which I used some elbows, from some cheap irrigation kit, and then some hose to the res. I had some pump filters that I put over the elbows to keep any crap from going back to the res.
    There's also the foggers. They run on a separate timer. The cloner timer actually, 3 min on - 3 min off... 

IMG_0817.JPG   IMG_0819.JPG

I had to cut the lip off my bucket netpots (they didn't seal for shit), and butcher up some plain lids to keep from having my buckets drip down their sides every time the sprayers came on. That's why the drip trays were initially put under them. Now, they don't leak at all. I leave the trays for the "just in case".

The res is another 5gl bucket. I also put a fitting into another bucket (sitting on top of an empty one), as well as an air stone. This is my top-off. It's connected to a float valve in the res, maintaining the res level.
    There is also another float valve at the minimum res level. If it ever gets that low, it'll get straight RO so the pump doesn't run dry. The pump is in a filter bag to keep shit from clogging the sprayers

IMG_0815.JPG

As I showed earlier, with my chiller, the res is chilled via a 50' stainless coil tubing.

Right now, the plants are under 40w 6500k. I have some 85w they'll likely move to before I give em 1k like the moms.

IMG_0820.JPG   IMG_0821.JPG

I'll pry veg em for 6-8 weeks, or whenever I'm happy with their size. Then, just pick up the netpots and set them into the flower system. Which I'm sure I'll go over when the time comes, but it's similar. Only larger and under-current.

I think that's about it. [​IMG]

Got questions, I might got answers...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Room [​IMG] ... [​IMG]

IMG_0829.JPG

Not really a whole lot to say. Everything's pretty much on auto-pilot.
    I did refill the res for the moms the other day. [​IMG]
    Yep, it was that exciting!
    Anyway they're doing pretty good, I would say. 
    I still need to find somebody to give the extra #6 to. I'm not gonna have room for it, and I don't need it.

IMG_0832.JPG   IMG_0841.JPG

Here's my little mix area. It's not always bright like that though. My rooms are just opened up at that moment. 
    RO comes in from an elevated 50 gal storage res that's in a closet on the other side of the wall. Same closet my chiller is in.
    Staple products I get in gallons, and use clear condiment bottles from walmart for dispensing.
    I always mix up my nutes outside of whichever system, and then pump/dump to whatever res.
    I've also got a spare 20 gal tote (not pictured) that I use for mixing as well.

IMG_0831.JPG

I swapped out the lights over the two #7's from the 40w to some 85w and larger reflectors.
    The root masses are staying fairly dense. However, this pheno doesn't seem to be as fast a grower as the others have displayed. It's cool with me though. I'm in no hurry.

IMG_0842.JPG   IMG_0843.JPG   IMG_0844.JPG   

Sampler Platter should technically be about done. They've been basically stressed their whole life, so who knows.  
    I'm going to start diluting down the res over the next week or so, and call it...
    I gave a few of the buds an ever so slight snip off the top. Maybe it'll fatten em up. Likely just stressed them more. lol
    It was barely a one-hit, but I got a damned good feeling off it. [​IMG]
    IMG_0845.JPG

There's some other nice samples forming in there, but here's those first two.
    #7 & #13

IMG_0846.JPG   IMG_0848.JPG

Still waiting on that boat from China. 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looks pretty cool in here bro ima pull up a chair if you don't mind ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Welcome on in, and thanks!

11. Put a cheap 20x loupe up to my phone. I need to play with it more. 
    The little snip off the top looks brutal...

image.jpg   image.jpg

12. Awesome, what up big crankz!

13. Yo yo.. What up Loop! Dig my loupe! [​IMG]

Nodda. Fuckin' off, waiting for 5:30 so I can blow this Popsicle stand. 

14. Lol, right, I don't get off until 830 and can't fucking wait to stick the chick's in the new tent bro!

15. I seen that. Should be grand!

16. Tore up my loupe. Machined it and a plastic sleeve so that it would fit my phone case, that I rounded the camera opening slightly on.
    Now, I can just slip it right on for macro photos. 

image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg

Just took a couple pics of the clones. These aren't resized though...

image.jpg

As close as I can get without the lens, and then with it.

image.jpg   image.jpg

image.jpg

Pretty cool, if you ask me... 
    I paid like $3 for the loupe, and a few hours of tinkering, got me a cheap macro lens for my phone.
    I might have to mod a 30x too. 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Pretty fucking cool crankz, and plants are looking grand in there.

I know you like to build, but I got a scope/case for my S4 for like $12. Not always easy to take big macro shots, but works.

18. Yeah, they got lens sets cheap enough for the i6+ and whatnot, but I got that Otter box case on it, and it'd be a pain to have to take it off any time I wanted to use a lens (macro being all I'm really interested in).
    Now, I can just slip that right in and shoot. Holding steady is a different story... lol

19. Look here sony has a nice phone lens http://petapixel.com/2014/09/03/sony-brings-e-mount-lenses-30x-optical-zoom-smartphone-new-qx1-qx30/ uploadfromtaptalk1433051310004.jpg cool snapon lens

fukcancer we winning everyday we awake #teaamfukcancer #teamsarcoma. ..

20. Yeah, I've seen that. It's basically a whole other cam that wifi connects to the phone. Pretty cool, but I've got a digital rebel for stuff that my phone ain't cut out for. This is more of a cheap and quick way to snap the trichs to examine.