crankz's corner

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by crankz, Apr 7, 2015.

1. MUNCHIES!

Prepare to get in my belly

IMG_0699.JPG

The young ladies this evening

IMG_0700.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loch Ness Monster came up to me and said "I'm gonna need about tree fiddy"

It was at that point I knew it wasn't no damned Loch Ness Monster!

It was eBay, with it's plastic foggers from China... 
    plastic fogger.JPG

So, I bought 10
    Damn you eBay!

It's just the transducers, no power supply. I've got those though.
    Anyway, I want to see how well they hold up in the soup.
    I have foggers in the veg buckets now, but I know the soup will start eating the chrome plating eventually.
    There is also timed top feed/low pressure aero, and 2 gals worth of overflow RDWC area.
    In case anyone was wondering WTF is going on with my buckets.

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

If these plastic ones hold up, it's a no brainer to use them instead.
    Now, if those child labor slaves would hurry up and get them on the boat...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lol, looks awesome man, not to mention highly effective, those are the exact ones I was looking at bro, might have to grab some soon !

• Like Like x 1
  4. I got no problem being the guinea pig, to let ya's know what's up.
    Hopefully they don't take a month to get here...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I love me some ebay! Those are nearly the only ones that has no led crap one it.. They have those floats as well score for me

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah, I don't care for the led. Had been putting a glob of silicone over them, but don't bother anymore.
    Once there's enough fog built up, you can't see it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Got the urge to tinker.
    I've got a few old reflectors that I've glued some reflective vinyl to.
    Gonna take one and mount the freebie stuff (minus the ballast) I got into it. Along with sockets for two 250w HPS.
    I bought a new MH bulb, because I didn't want to use the big-ass round one I was given.
    The MH will be vertical, centered. The HPS will be horizontal.
    Think I might setup another closet for odd grows under dual spectrum.

image.jpg

To be continued... at some point...

• Like Like x 1
  8. This ought to do it for the reflector.

IMG_0716.JPG   IMG_0722.JPG

I figure I'll mount it in a drop-ceiling of sorts, in a roughly 4'x4'x8' closet. I've built a large ventilation system in my attic, that I'll tie into.
    That way, air in the closet will constantly flow through the reflector. Fresh air will come in from the gap at the bottom of the door, up through the lights, and out through the attic.
    That's all likely months away... 

As for the present; everybody's growing away!

IMG_0725.JPG   IMG_0726.JPG

The Sampler Platter is still sleeping.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I found out where drunk chicks come from!

Walgreens sells beer eggs! And they're cheap!

image.jpg

I need to get me an incubator... This old man is ready to party! 
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey there... I was told to find you because you were the expert on fogponics... is it possible to use fogponics on an organic grow??

11. Wow, ummm, I'm certainly no expert. I just recently started using it for cloning, and now I'm playing around with it in a grow. But it's more of a hybrid/multi-ponics system.
    I'd pry be the last person to ask about organics. I've not ventured far into that area of nutrients. I don't know how well that stuff would nebulize. And, if you run beni's, I'm not sure how they'd like it.
    Honestly, I don't know. I know I'm not the only one messing with fog though. There's gotta be somebody that's experimented more than me.
    I certainly wouldn't use it solely on a grow, synthetic or organic. I see it more as a supplement.
    That's not to say it can't be done. I just don't have enough faith in them yet for all that.

If you're able to, I'd setup a small experimental grow to try. If that's the avenue you wish to go.

12. Looks like another room update...

IMG_0737.JPG

Moms are getting big. Go figure.

IMG_0738.JPG

Topped the two #7's in the veg system. Get them laterals in gear. They're doing pretty good running at a ppm of 420 oddly enough.

IMG_0739.JPG  

The Sampler Platter is flowering along.
    I had a ballast go out though. Most likely the capacitor. Can't complain they are old and were free.
    Anyway was running 2 250w hps, but had to put up another one of my old reflectors that I fitted with 250 actual watts worth of cfl. They'll just have to finish out on that. I'm not firing up a 1k for them.

IMG_0742.JPG   IMG_0741.JPG   IMG_0749.JPG  

#7 and #13

IMG_0747.JPG IMG_0748.JPG

13. I'm mortified! 

Little #7's obviously weren't happy with 420 ppm
    It's gone up 6 whole parts! [​IMG]

IMG_0765.JPG   IMG_0766.JPG

Oh well, no time to worry about that. It's Tuesday, I'm off to beat some drums!

They'll live!

IMG_0758.JPG   IMG_0753.JPG   IMG_0754.JPG

14. now that's a jump dude! And damn son, those roots bro, that branching, who says your no expert on fogponics? Not this guy

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ya'll is just easily impressed... [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. #56 crankz, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
    I was right. Dead capacitor in one of the 250w ballasts.
    Made another discovery too. They've had the wrong caps the whole time. 
    They were old warehouse fixtures I was given. Anyway, they came with MH conversion bulbs, but the ballast always seemed pretty warm when burning them. So, I got some HPS bulbs. The ballasts didn't hardly get warm at all, but the bulbs just didn't seem all that bright. I'm used to 1000w so, I just kinda excepted how they were. I was only using them on the Sampler Platter anyway.
    I had gotten some other junk along with those fixtures. One thing being another 250w HPS ballast kit.
    Only it's for a 480v system. It's not a multi-tap transformer. So, I never bothered opening the box...
    I did today.
    Apparently the 250w HPS wants a 32uF capacitor.
    The caps in the ballasts are 24uF.
    What does that mean? Hell if I know!
    After a little research, it would seem the 24uF are suited for up to 1000w MH.
    HPS ballast kits I looked at all seemed to come with 32uF.

image.jpg

I guess someone put those in for burning MH bulbs. I don't really know. The HPS igniters are there and wired...
    The conversion bulbs did burn nice and bright. Just so damned warm.
    Anyway, I hooked up the 32uF and holy krap the little HPS bulb was BRIGHT! Like it's supposed to be.
    Didn't burn it very long, but I ordered me some caps! $30 off evilBay. 

Anxious for them to get here. I want to see how my dual spectrum fixture does. 900w total...
    Weeeeee 

Edit: Hooked it back up right quick. I'd say it's nearly twice as bright as the other that has the improper cap.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bartering helps...

Cheap bastard that I am, I hate paying for my medijuana!
    I kinda have this feeling we all do... 
    Anyway, since I'm just now rolling again, I gotta hook up. 
    Fortunately one person I know has no idea how to work on vehicles. So, I do a lil somethin' for somethin' now and then.
    Right now it's a coolant leak. But a bad one!
    4.3l gm vortec intake manifold gaskets. Puked antifreeze all down in the crankcase.

image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg

Nastiness! 
    Ain't so bad for me though. I've done em before.
    Anyway, I'm doing this for an ounce. Just got half payment.
    No name stuff. Not dank, but certainly way better than reggie.
    Workin' for my head.

image.jpg

Plenty more things to repair on the truck too. Maybe I can milk it out till a harvest...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Let there be light!

Capacitors were delivered today. So, instead of working on that engine up there ^^^
    I played with my toys!
    Not like I plan to use it any time soon, but you people know how it is when you get new shit...
    Anyway, I hung the fixture in a doorway, let the bulbs burn for a little while, and checked it out.
    I don't have any kind of light meters except my eyeballs. They say it's freakin' bright!

I use a lens out of some sunglasses over my phone/cam, to help cut down on the lines that happen with HID.

The two 250w hps seem to be using an extra bulbs worth of juice.
    IMG_0794.JPG   IMG_0795.JPG   IMG_0792.JPG   IMG_0793.JPG

With the 400w mh also
    IMG_0798.JPG   IMG_0799.JPG   IMG_0796.JPG   IMG_0797.JPG  

I didn't bother checking the 400w mh by itself, but 1200 minus 750 puts it at 450.
    I'm guessing those numbers will all pry come down as the bulbs burn in. The hps bulbs are pry tripping out after finally get the proper voltage to fire the arc.

My room is still asleep, so I guess I better go do some work. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pretty amazing setup you got there crankz ! Its crazy to see the roots comings off the stem like this in you fogponic cloner ! Subbed !

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks! It's taken me a bit to get to this point, but I happy to be where I'm at with it. I'm sure my stuff will evolve with time.
    Roots do seem to like the fog.