"Crank"

Discussion in 'General' started by SuicidalSpaz, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Hey guys, Spaz here. My alcohol drop off at 10pm never showed up, and it pissed me off.

I have fallen in love, and I have a doubt. Did I fall alone? I need to know.

So, the girl who has my heart gave me a book to read. The book is called "crank" It's about a girl who visits her father who she hasn't seen in 8 years, He lives in Alberquerqe, she lives in Reno.

She's a prude girl, who gets Straight A's. She falls for a guy when she visits her Dad. She smokes weed for the first time, And Also tries " Crank", or Meth.

It follows through her life ( she's 16, she's 17 at the end), and her growing-stronger addiction to Meth.

I spoil the book, but its written in like, prose. On most pages, there's a right side, and a left side. You would read left to right, but can read the right side straight down. I would say it's the "Monster" side. Meth is referred to in the book as monster, or "the monster" mostly.

It's an amazing book. Reminds myself of my 1 yr. coke addiction from when I was 15-16. It brought tears in my eyes reading it. I knew many of the feelings.

So now, The book is done. It's 1:30 am, and my 2 day mini coke binge ended last night. I have a lot on my mind, and not sure how to express it.

2. Great book IMO.

P.S. She needs to hurry her ass up.

3. Haha. You should mail me a bottle of grey goose...

But yeh, the book was amazing.

4. I'm going out of my way to make sure I get/read this book now that your review was so good.

5. lol how about a media outlet that doesn't condem drugs? after all this is a poly-drug user forum

sure addiction sucks sure we've all dealt with it at some time or another but chirst I hate when people write shit like 'the monster'

newsflash to the chick in/who wrote the book....YOU'RE THE MONSTER NOT THE DRUG

seeesh... people need to accept that they're weak insteada blasting chemicals for their shortcomings :/

edit- also kinda funny that ya are waiting for a bottle of legal poison while tearing up over a tale of selfish drug addiction (and yes I've done the coke binge shit for over a year and no I don't blame the drug for my weakness)

in any case I'll def. grab a copy if I find it in the bargin bin or see it online in pdf format

6. Listen, that statement only goes so far.

There is a difference between a person acting obnoxious after only just getting high and/or drunk to a person who's entire personality is twisted and skewed by the horrid chemicals found in something like Meth.

7. Ars, if you find it online, would you give me a shout please - I'm also curious to read the book.

Cheers

8. im not sure if that was some kind of attack on me, or whatever. But yeh, the book was really good.

9. sounds like an interesting book, might have to check it out

10. Dude, tho you may not be as susceptible to addiction doesn't mean the next person is the same as you.

Addiction can strike at any point, without any warning. In my experience with my own personal addictions, ive found that a drug isn't necessarily addicting, its the experiences we have on them, that we want to repeat no matter what. even if we have to do stupid/bad shit for the drug.

You may condemn people for being "weak" or whatever dude, but for real, addiction IS real.

I do however agree, that if you use drugs responsibly, it shouldn't be a problem.

11. ^ thats the point

I'm sick as fuck of people blaming the chemical when they caved to it

good feelings are well just that good but that doesn't mean anyone on this planet has a right to ignore the 'need to do' shit in life then blame inhernt chemicals and ruin it for everyone cuz they can't handle shit

it's like saying I was pissed so I stabbed that mother fucker therefore if I hadn't had access to that knife I'd be ok 'n free of this cell for man one

lol fuck no said psycho would have figured out a way to fuck up the person they were pissed at even if knives were illegal

why must people who managed to make it through bouts of addiction while finding the chemicals that help them live a sane life get fucked cuz some low life morons or weak willed folks od/act like dicks to obtain drugs/ect? if anything you strip the illgeal nature of shit and crack/crank/blow/heroin/x/pot/ect all become cheap as a 10 buck can of baccy or the same of some liver rotting booze

once thats done addicts who can't control themelves can feel free to od off less than 20 bucks worth of their drug of choice and those that used to find balance will suddenly have purpose and the cash flow to rebuild their fucked up lives

LEGALIZE IT ALL PEOPLE... vote the fucks out and fire the pigs who refuse to accept that everyone has the right to ingest what they want when they want and keep doing it till all these profit whores from doctors to BOP officals to the local pharms to pigs wake up 'n understand we ain't gonna let 'em continue this cycle of creating drug addicted criminals for them to bust 'n profit from

and no on the 'handle my shit' bit lol dude I've been hooked on almost everything under the sun for long periods of time all of which have left their mark so it's not about being immune to addiction it's about removing the massive profit jobs 'n control letting them keep this shit illegal creates

I got adhd and I'm forced to spend well over a g a month on script 'n pusher shrinks chicken scratch on a bit of paper and the dosage is hardly what my body needs to focus for more than 3-6 hours

those tablets without the doc's insane fee and the RX companies jacked up price tax would be under 50 bucks

now said g on any given street would net someone over an ounce of pure crystal that dosed out on par with an average adderall script for over 6 months of 12-18 hours of focus vs 3-6 with less liver damage

and these fake ass gov/cop/doc fuckers actually stand there 'n ask why someone would choose street shit over RX? lol the profit is insane and it all goes to people who already got enough

same goes for weed bro if you could grow it buy it for 10 bucks 'n ounce of headies you'd avoid doctors almost all the time and cops wouldn't have massive busts to net thousands of bucks from (none of which goes towards things normal tax payers get shafted for)

12. This is a really good book. I enjoy reading her style even if her books arn't very challenging.

The one she did about the Mormon girl is my favorite though.

13. Yeah.

I don't deem people as weak for getting addicted. Some drugs, such as cocaine and Meth, the feeling is amazing. It's a natural response to want more. But moderation is key. Mind of matter in this case... Can be tough.

But regardless, the book is amazing. And so is the girl who gave me it to read.

14. I've never had an addiction, and I plan to keep it that way (I hardly even touch alcohol)
    I guess you could say I'm addicted to weed... I wanted to prove to myself I could stop, so I did for 3 weeks or so.... And I wanted it, but I was fine... and theres no real compulsion, only thing i noticed was sleeping less, but i felt fine on less sleep, and even tho i've always slept lots, time sleeping is time wasted, so i didnt really mind.

Actully, I take that all back. I have had a WoW addiction, and quit several times, but its not like hardcore, its just its so easy to sit and do things that are bigger than if I did something real. But WoW gets boring after a week or so, and I go do something else.

Sooooo yeah, I still think you have no right to bash people for the fact that meth is addictive, whoever said that, I didnt check the member name. Some chemicals like THC are a mental thing, and some really do change things, like meth. Just because you dont mind those chemicals doesnt mean you can bash people who have a hard time with them.

15. Write a book...

Seriously... Write 'your side' of the story, using the same style (right side/left side [assuming you'd have to talk to the author for permission?]).

Who says it has to be published? Ala the write a letter but don't send it type of therapy.

I'm not even close to a literary person (aside from magazines, tech books and the odd sci fi), but I'm high and read that sentence and instantly knew what you had to do! ;)

I wouldn't mind checking out the book, could you post the isbn number? It would make it dead simple to find that way...

16. saying meth is addictive or coke or heroin is like saying a gun is addicted to blowing off clip after clip

it's a chemical and lingustically chemicals are inhert unless ingested and you choose to ingest them for the feelings they produce

thus you're responsible for your actions and as such the chemicals in question shouldn't be banned controlled or ripped from the hands of people who truely can handle them (out of need or vice)

instead the gov preys on your ignorance (or empathy towards others) and profits from it while many suffer without chemical aid or pay through the ass just to manage working their job

it's bullshit across the board and people seriously need to wake the fuck up asap cuz the gov and the cops are only getting better at big bro'ing everything and everyone with each law passed 'n each quater that somehow proves their hypocritical points about drug users

17. thats sick im from albuquerque. yea theres a lot of meth here. we have those anti-drug ads like everyone else in the US does but all of our local anti-drug commercials are targeted towards meth. Ive had dreams where im addicted to meth, even though ive never even tried it. anyways I definately want to check out that book

18. I agree with Ars.

Sure your body becomes addicted to the substance...no one is arguing that.

But what he's saying is that YOU load the pipe, cut the line, fill the needle, etc. YOU, ultimately are the maker of your own life and YOU decide what drugs to do.

Now let's jump ahead to 6 months down the road from your 1st meth high. Now you are a HUGE addict for the shit and can't think about anything else....Once again, the meth isn't funding itself, preparing itself, and making you injest it...YOU are doing it.

The addictive properties of the drug aren't a variable to me in making this point, because it obviously wasn't a variable to you when you lit each meth hit.

19. When i was younger (17 or so) i talked to an addiction counselor and it was somewhat enlightening. It wasnt "drugs are bad" its about what you are trying to escape from.