crackling and brownish leaves need help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dagobaker, Nov 23, 2007.

1. ok have this one wh widow plant that has some bottom leaves that are starting to crackle and turn brown
    while the other 3 plants which are from the same seeds and same soil and same nute/water mix look fine.
    i use sunshine mix for professionals and been using 1/2 strength general hydro nutes 3 part and adjusted mix to 6.5 ph.
    the plants are over 2.5 months old and have been on 12/12 for 2 weeks.
    why arent all of the plants doing this and is it nut burn ?
    also the plant looked fine a week ago

Attached Files:

2. i have the EXACT same thing happening on my plants. The brown only appears on the lower fan leaves on mine and i don't know what it is.... i hope someone can diagnose this problem for us.

3. i only have it on one plant and they all have the same setup with the same nutes and ph etc

4. is the condition on both new growth and old leaves or is it just the old leaves like mine? Mine only appears on the oldest leaves but its happening quickly and if it continues there won't be enough leaves to provide for the buds. :( I really hope this gets sorted out by someone soon...

5. mine seems to be the oldest leaves but seems to be moving up slowly
    also it seems to be only one plant
    please put a few pics up if u can so we can compare
    im using that plant as my main cloner so i hope its not a genetics thing
    or ill have to use another plant as my mother

also wondering if it is contagious (a major concern)

6. ph seems to be the most prevelent problem and one that i am learning the hard way. my plant did the same thing, it moved up the plant. you should rule out ph first. dirt should be 6.5 or so.

7. My plants looked like that too. Check your ph, if it is Ok (About 5.7-6.2) then it may be Nutrient Burn, too many nutes in your water. When I changed my water in my hydro res, used less nutes, the plants were fixed real fast. Looks like nute burn to me. Look here http://www.ganjaguerrilla.net/Album3.htm

8. The only reason I would differ and say P is because the leaves are bending. I had this problem before and it was the bottom leaves also.

My pH and everything was fine and a simple flush of new nutes cured me thanks to GG! Again its just my guess

9. i'm not trying to jack the thread at all and if i am then tell me to shut up but in my case there is no leaf curl only brown crispy spots on older fan leaves. The browning starts small and spreads then the leaf falls right off. :(

10. im doing an aggressive flushing with a 6.5 ph solution with no nutes and going to test the water that gets flushed
    ive never used more than 1/2 strength nutes and been using 6.5 to7.0 ph water also so i dont know what the problem is
    also if thats the case why did only one of 4 plants get affected?

11. im going to start controling the ph closer and cut nutes. hopefully this will help...

12. i flushed the bad plant with 6.5 ph non nute solution
    and the flushed water seemed to be at 6.0 or maybe below (my kit only goes from 6.0 to 7.6) so maybe that was the problem
    im not feeding her all week and maybe do one more flush and see if it improves
    any ideas if ph below 6 could be doing this and i wonder how the hell it got below 6 since my solution isnt close to that low

13. If all these attempts dont help fast,i would agree the PH could still be the culprut but not as nute burn but nute lock,and a def. of one or more minerals in the nutes not getting through D/T poor PH controls. Just my 2 cents.I would look into what all nute def. look like on leaves and you may find what your looking for.

14. well i tested the dirt with a ph and nute tester and and they all came in at 6.5 and 6.9 even though the runoff tested high.
    im going to be keeping an eye on the only bad plant and see if it gets better

15. im getting my ph tester recalibrated tomorrow so then i will control ph

16. ive cloned the bad plant alot unfortunately so ill find out quickly if its genetic or not.
    i also have cloned my other plants so at least im not entirely screwed.
    after doing a heavy flush im going to monitor the plant and probably cut the bad leaves off
    im still wondering why only one plant has this problem when the other ones look fine
    i have half the clones in dirt and half in hydro so we shall see what happens

17. here is a close up of a leaf taken today off my bad plant
    i have kept the ph close to 6.5 so thats not it
    havent gone past half strength nutes which i didnt start until after 1.5 months
    but i have well water so thats the only x factor left
    have cloned all of my plants so we shall see if it reoccurs

Attached Files:

18. once christmas comes ill be able to get pics of mi plant. I flushed them with water that was ph balenced. The soil was around 6.0 which is very bad.

19. fert burn

WW does not like ferts, see the other post today about WW & ferts for recomendations

20. i think it is my well water doing the damage
    i need to get reverse osmosis but its a big nut and im broke