Cracked Seeds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Berry, May 1, 2003.

1. I was wondering if a seed is cracked or has a chip out of it or something will it still grow. Not a big chip out just a small one. I did not get these seeds from a seed bank or anything they are just bag seeds. Most of them look good but some have small little cracks in them.

2. prob not.

the seed coat is there for protection from the outside environment. now that they have been cracked for god knows how long...they have already prob died.

give it a shot but my $$ is on dead as a rock.

3. put 'em between some moist paper towels, if any sprout, cool. if not, oh well.

4. In answer to your question yes if a seed has cracks in it it will still grow unless the crack is 1/4 bigger than the seed. What normaly happends is when you plant a seed its root will come break through the outer shell which will make the seed look althaugh it has a crack in it. Good luck.

Mick

5. 18 years later... I know. I was looking for some answers on this but decided to try for myself. I just got some Payapa from Nirvana with a seed that has a split in it. I thought to myself that it would not germ so I decided to put the little girl in some moist paper towels. Low and behold, a tap root is emerging less than 24 hours later. As long as the embryonic coat is not broken and seed has not been exposed to moisture. With love, care and some determination, it just may grow.

• Like Like x 2