CowRob's CFL grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Cow Robot, Mar 15, 2016.

1. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] Closet Grow 2nd self Cannabis seed.. 2 CFL 250 watt bulbs. day 3 from sprouting.
    What do you guys think? I am happy with the power the lights emit.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I think you should lower your light a little. Plants looking stretchy. cfl's need to be as close as heat allows from what i've heard. Don't really use em but i read enough on here to be pretty certain about this one.

3. PWNClosetGrower's right, the lights need to be closer there, look on my profile pic, I'm running CFL's there, you want them about an inch or 2 away from your plants. Are your growing like that or do you have a grow box? If you're growing like that try get hold of a standard cardboard box, line it with something reflective and stand the plant in the center, then lower your lights into the box, just to make the most of your light, if you grow how it is in the pic, a lot of light will be wasted..

4. I have limited light rigging options availabile to me. Will my plant (2 plants) be okay if I do this set up for the first two months?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG] like this???

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. That plant is really stretched, I'd put the light closer, putting a fan on it will promote thicker stems as well.

7. I'm subbed up dude
    Our lights look similar check out my thread Closet Grow (Super Bubblegum)
    You have more light though I'm working with one 160w cfl and you're working with two 250w that's awesome mate.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

8. If you don't get the light closer it looks like it's going to just keep stretching till it falls over. It will keep going untill it's getting enough light to build leaves. I've actually never seen one that long before, hard to believe it hasn't fallen over yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. @PNWClosetGrower I am running 500watts.. Maybe it's not a lighting problem???

10. Get the light directly above it and adjust the light like 10-15cm away from plant, use a stick or somthing to support that stem when you transplant plant it deep into pot and cover most of its stem :) the light adjustments is needed for plant to grow good and not having the light above it will cause the plant to stretch at a angle would probably make it fall over and dampen off. Do the changes asap and the support stick is needed.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. What he said. :smoke: It's not a light problem it's a light distance and position problem.

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's good advice man, it will stop stretching and start filling out when the light is close enough. You can bury a lot of that stem for support too and steak it up or support it with something.

• Like Like x 1
  13. @PNWClosetGrower Ok I have set up my CFL's and will Now run them 24hrs a day
    for the 1st 3 days they only recieved 12 of light.. Could this be the problem, & if so, will the new lighting scheduel correct the problem?

• Like Like x 1
  14. 12 hours of light will make them flower, you want 18 light 6 dark or more light for veg to keep them from flowering. maybe it could be but that light was way too far away for a cfl. I'm a hid grower but i read a lot and every says 2-4" if you can without burning the plant with cfl's. i'm sure the higher the wattage you move them back a little but not two feet.

15. @PNWClosetGrower At least I have another 1x seed that will sprout tonight. So I will have a 2nd plant to compare @ 24hr light-cycle. If need be I have 10 bagseeds from some decent quality cannabis.

• Like Like x 2
  16. When your placing the light hold your hand at the canopy level of the plant and let it shine on the back of your hand for 30 seconds, if the hand's comfy the plant will be too. If it's feeling like it's gonna sunburn you move it up. Pretty sure fire method to not burn em, least has been for me. Your plant looks good, it looks healthy, the light was just too far. Fix that and get it supported and your gonna have some beautiful plants.

17. Woah! Ive never seen one stretched that much. you have good cfls ,Move light way way way closer mine are in inch away at all times

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. You can have em almost touching as long as fans are working and blowing thru the plant

19. lights nice and close

Attached Files:

20. When is a good time to begin fertilizing with 5-1-1 Fish Emulsion?

Attached Files: