Cow pie question

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by RenaissanceBrah, Jun 25, 2020.

1. I actually use aged composted manure as my soil. I do not even add any "dirt" and my plants thrive in it

So you want the manure to be aged a min of 2 yrs. This helps ensure not only that it is broke down and no longer hot, but the more important thing is that you want a few seasons of rain on it to wash out any salts or herbicides that the animals may have eaten.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. It’s absolutely fine bringing outdoor organic materials inside. Think about where ALL of the materials in EVERY SINGLE bag of POTTING SOIL EVER MADE & SOLD.

Those components sure didn't come from inside.

The only thing the sun will do to manure is to remove the water content - you’ll want and need to compost it.

Read here - its really quite simple.

Backyard Composting

You really want to step up your game? I’m positive youve heard it stressed around here about the importance of basing your organic soil on high quality compost - right? The higher quality the better?

YOU can make the (2nd) highest quality compost in the entire world.

Read the thread. Step up your game by doing so and grow higher quality cannabis & vegetables.

Just do it. Dont put it off.

j

• Like Like x 2
  3. Back before they invented running water we used to rub it all over simply because it was a step up from what we normally smelled like.

It was the first deodorant.

j

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Welcome to Spanish / Latin / rest of the world culture my friend! Being back stateside, nice how convenient and quick everything is. But Spain still takes the cake in terms of social life, it's a trade off.

Haven't been to any part of Costa Blanca, but sounds cool, I'm sure it's amazing, most of Spain is.

And I remember one day I got sick enough to go to the doctor in Spain... was about to pass out, and first had to: go to the local ayuntamiento to get my local citizen card (or whatever that card was, I can't remember)... then hiked up to the hospital, and they told me I was at the wrong one for my BCN citizen card, I had to go to this other one... so got on the metro, more hiking, then they told me I was at the wrong hospital and told me to go back to the one I came from... I ended up telling the lady I'm not going anywhere get me a doctor, and had an appt 20 min later. Red tape there sucks, but I guess it makes life interesting. In the end they gave me a liter bottle of codeine lol and sent me home.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yup, action over theory. Every week learning something new. I got my 2nd vermicompost bin going, and was researching that rabbit manure is one of the best. In my Mexico apartment grow, it might be the best manure I can get in terms of organics (horses and cows will have been injected with deparasitics and maybe their grass food source sprayed). So looking into getting a pet rabbit or 2 for my balcony, and over a few months getting the 20-30 gallons of rabbit pellet's I'd need for my no-till soil.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

• Like Like x 2
  6. #26 old shol4evr, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is a real concern yes. This is why I always insist ppl know and ask questions from their source of manure.
    Like my friends who sell the manure to me are 100% organic and only hay their own fields. Their manure is magical...

However all those herbicides will eventually wash out If the pile is left in the rain.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If this were true, there wouldn't be an issue with persistent herbicide contamination in compost, would there?

It really does depend on the type of herbicide, and chemical conditions of the soil...

http://corn.agronomy.wisc.edu/Management/pdfs/A3819.pdf

9. Just depends on who is the farmer and where they get their feed from

10. Interesting, where'd you hear/read that? I don't know much about their agriculture, but I do know the land there is super fertile already - they get 2 growing seasons a year instead of 1, something along those lines

• Like Like x 1
  11. #32 old shol4evr, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 2