Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Covering Up Smell From Joint

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jesusvega46, Oct 6, 2014.

1. I've usually smoked pot from a smoking bowl, but this will be the very first time I smoke a joint.

I live in what is supposed to be a non-smoking home and I know how to not smell like cigarettes after smoking.

I have a dress shirt, rubber medical gloves, and a bottle of listerine ultraclean that I keep in the woods for when I smoke.

I also keep my hair back behind my ears.

Bottom Line:

I'm wondering if this will be enough to make sure I don't smell like marijuana after I smoke the joint.

I'm assuming it would be the same principles as covering up cigarette smell?

2. If it's windy you won't stink. If not a few sprays of cologne and visine will do the trick.:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

^ Notice how he says COLOGNE and not body spray. body spray is for little kids who are afraid to shower after gym class haha.

Visine is a must have!

Use a crutch in the joint to absorb most resin.

instead of mouth wash, get ice breakers mints. mouthwash ADDS to the smell, not cover it up.

mouth wash only works if your brush your teeth first. (fyi)

mints are MADE to cover up the smell.

in my later teen years, I would pop one of the energy pills from the gas station after using the aforementioned; and I was good to go.

or you can have a redbull. that works just as good haha.

4. I would try alcohol wipes, or rubbing alcohol and clean your face and hands with it???? Try blowing the smoke isn't the direction in the wind...change your shirt...maybe wear a hat...
    Do you have a dog? I used to take mine for walks every night and I would smoke...meanwhile my parents thought I was walking the dog and they go to bed

5. pot smoke adheres more than ciggs. get a cheap jump suit of some kind. get something to clean any exposed skin. maybe try baby wipes...

I almost forgot about the baby wipes! Major essential! Gets resin off your hands better than anything else.

7. What are the rubber medical gloves for? Are you gonna hide the evidence, bury the roach and not leave finger prints?

8. #8 jesusvega46, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    The rubber medical gloves are to make sure the residue gets on the gloves and not your fingers.

That's what I do with cigarettes and it always works.

The gloves have stain marks of tar/nicotine oils.

I usually take the dress shirt off after a cigarette.

I was wondering if only the dress shirt will smell like pot and not my actual shirt underneath.

baby wipes, my friend. they work just as good (if not better) as rubbing alcohol/hand sanitizer.

10. I've had experience with hand sanitizer when it came to cigarettes.  It doesn't get rid of the smell on your fingers, so why would it get rid of pot residue?  I've had people smell my fingers after hand sanitizer and they smelled.  But they didn't smell when wearing the rubber medical gloves after they were taken off.

11. baby wipes for the smell mate! try it once

Sent from my LG-P769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I think it's funny how you go through so much effort just to smoke cigs. Like if you're going to cause damage to your body, you might as well not give a fuck about the smell ya know? I was going to say if you smoke, just smoke a cigarette after the joint, but it looks like that isn't gonna work lol. Sorry if i come off as condescending, but just wear a hoodie then chew some fucking gum afterwards man.

13. Blow the smoke away from you and hold the joint downwind from your body. Just make sure your clothes are aired out a little and you should be good. Mouthwash/mints will mix the stinky smoke breathe and some deodorant to cover any smell. Just wash your hands with soap when you get home. Should be fine, just dont overthink it!

14. Also when youre done, run around and get really hot. Its kind of like speeding up time and time is what waters down smell. Well. Usually.💩

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. It's a tough smell to get off your hands.  If you smoke it carefully and make sure the smoke goes away from you, the smell on your clothes won't be there.  

***WARNING: HERE IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU WILL EVER HEAR ABOUT COVERING UP JOINT SMOKE***
    I used to work as a cook at a steakhouse where we had to handle raw onions, meat, and garlic.  Our hands smelled ripe.  They put these big dispensers of tooth paste by the sinks and we would scrub with it for about 20 secs, and it was 100% gone, guaranteed.  And when I came to work after smoking a joint, I was paranoid about the smell and rubbed with toothpaste, it took the smell right away, and have used it ever since.

16. Or a cough drop.

17. #17 sleepingblade, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Wow the paranoia in this one is strong.

If smell is that much an issue, why not just smoke a spoon? Smoke a joint when you can ENJOY it without the rituals of evasion (I'm sure I'm using the wrong word, I'm high and it's early).

I have seen people use disposable chopsticks and just wedge the joint at the end of unbroken chopsticks. Can be found at many fast food Chinese places etc.

When I was a kid, I'd always have resin smelling hands, I'd smoke joints outside, air out, and rub my hands on rose petals, I swear it removes MOST of the smell, I've tested it on my non smoking sister, she says it smells bur you have to really sniff the hands to detect, no one smells your hands in that fashion.

18. #18 nudope, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    dude it's really not as bad as you think lol I smoke nightly and come back into my home from outside and you'd never even know. I wash my hands to get the smell off, but other than that, it's virtually undetectable.
    Just blow the smoke away from you and upwards into the wind, not against it. As long as you're not blowing the smoke down onto your clothes, why would you smell like weed?

As for the burning joint, just hold it so the cherry (lit end) is pointing up, as flames/anything burning travels upwards, so it (theoretically) should make the J burn a tad slower and the smoke coming off isn't coming in contact with your hands or fingers. 

Eye drops and cologne for extra precaution are all that's necessary. If your hands are really getting that resiny that you need a baby wipe or alcohol pads.. you're doin something wrong. My joints only get resin at the tip of the crutch and sometimes midway through the crutch. I smoke king size raws.

Soon, it'll all be natural and you'll feel more at ease and confident in smoking discretely.  

edit: ALSO. Smoking at night is a must. In the day it's just too risky to smoke outside. In the day, I take bong hits in my room, blowing through drier sheets stuffed into a toilet paper cardboard roll. Mom doesn't detect a thing, even when I'm smoking while she's home.
    (depending on where you live at least. I live in apartments and I sit and smoke at the pond located right in the middle of my complex.  They're not tall building apartments, they're like town homes?? Mostly single story, with a few two story homes here and there but all connected.)