Cover songs? whatchu like?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Cali Ounces, May 5, 2008.

1. my favorite, as of lately is

across the universe by fiona apple.

2. I refuse to read or respond to threads with words like "whatchu" in the title. Get a clue.

3. well you clicked reply, :confused_2:

also i really like panic at the disco's cover of slow motion (originally third eye blind)

4. Haha :p

I like the No Diggity cover by the Klaxxons.

5. I really like "You Can Leave Your Hat On" by Marc Broussard. Also "The Wind Cries Mary" by John Mayer. One more! "Another Brick In The Wall" by KoRn.

6. I too like "The Wind Cries Mary" but by Jamie Cullum and "With a little help from my friends" by Joe Crocker, which I consider one of the best covers ever.

7. and yet you did both. hmm.

:hello:

diamonds on the soles on her shoes by pgroove.

up in smoke by pgroove.

lawyers, guns, and money by widespread panic.

dont think twice by susan tedeschi.

angel from montgomery by susan tedeschi.

8. "Colorblind" cover by between the buried and me. Originally a counting crows song.

9. Turn the Page - Metallica (covering Bob Seger)

10. you apparently just did both bro..........so why dont you get a clue

11. Oh I almost forgot "Que Sera Sera" by Sly and the Family Stone, one of the most badass songs EVER!

12. Sally's Song by Fionna Apple

13. definitely anything widespread panic covers, most recently they covered maggot brain at the all good festival, it's epic!

14. Jeff Beck's instrumental cover of The Beatles' "She's A Woman"

15. Jake Shimabukuro cover of while my guitar gently weeps

16. Call Me the Breeze - Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Say what you want about this band (I usually don't like them too much, either), but this cover is soo good...the original (by J.J. Cale) is pretty awesome too.

Moon Over Marin - Matthew Good (Dead Kennedys)
    Jealous Guy - Elliott Smith (John Lennon)
    Love Rollercoaster - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Ohio Players)

17. sublime's cover of shame in dem game

18. That, and Sublime - We're only gonna die from our own arrogance , atleast i think they made a cover off bad religions song with the same name.

19. They did a whole album of cover songs, if I'm not mistaken. Didn't care so much for their cover of Us and Them, but they're a great band. Alaska is a sick song and the intro kills.

Favorite cover songs of the moment:

Led Zeppelin - "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" (originally by Joan Baez)
    Billy Talent - Ever Fallen In Love (with someone you shouldn't've) (originally by the Buzzcocks)
    The Doors - Who Do You Love (originally by Bo Diddley)

20. hands down stevie ray vaughn's cover of Hendrix's Little Wing

fuggin epic