Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cover ODOR -Make an Oil Lamp with an Orange

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bedroomstoner, Mar 26, 2012.

1. :wave:
    Make an Oil Lamp with an Orange
    I love this method because i live in a state where oranges are plentiful, and Fabreeze isn't expensive but sometimes it doesn't work and it's a pain in the ass to buy when you run out.

3 steps.

1. Cut an orange in half and scoop out the flesh, leaving the long piece of white pit in the middle.

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=845791&stc=1&d=1332764057

2. Fill with your choice of olive oil, or scented oils.

3. Done! Just spark it up with your wake and bake, not only is this an organic way to cleanse the air it hides any smoke odor. :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. holy shit im trying this now so fucking cool, perfect for dorms!

3. Nice, let me know how it works for you.

4. Gonna give this a shot later when I pick up some bud. Sometimes Febreeze can be a little too conspicuous, so the subtle scent the oil lamp makes should help get rid of the weed odor without making it obvious I'm covering something up.

5. Looks quite dangerous.

6. #6 Bedroomstoner, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
    :rolleyes: Fuckin pussy.lol

Name-Calling is not allowed here. - KSR

7. lol. In all fairness, a small bowl of hot oil that you light on fire, made of a flamable, organic container (as opposed to thick glass meant to hold heat) that is curved and can easily be knocked over INSIDE a house is pretty terrifying.

Neat idea though :hello:, but I don't think I would stray far from an organic soy candle. The novelty of it doesn't exceed the risk value, in my opinion.

8. Wonder if I could make one with a piece of celery. It'd be like a fuckin torch if I could hold the oil in it.

9. Crazy, thanks for the info.

10. You could always put it in a high rimmed glass bowl or something if you're concerned with it falling over :p

11. Lol Wtf is wrong with u op? Fix this shit up and patented it.

12. [quote name='"420everysecond"']

You could always put it in a high rimmed glass bowl or something if you're concerned with it falling over :p[/quote]

Always a possibility. I am what we would call a "clutz". I barely trust myself with my oil warmer, let alone a candle even (almost burnt my room down... Twice...)

Lol

13. let me know if anyone's tried this.

14. i like chocolate

15. This is super clever! Does the white stem thing burn though? Can I take olive/cooking oil in it? What does it smell like, orange, or the choice of oil?

16. If I get bored sometime I'll try it, looks like a funny discreet way to cover up the smell of chronic or anything else I guess.

17. So I'm confused do we peel all the edible yummy part till its white?!

18. see this video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-LeCp1u3J4]Orange Candle - YouTube[/ame]
    :D
    the video says it lasts an hour.
    I'd use and extra virgin oil.
    For the guy with the question on celery i'm sure that wouldn't work because there's no wick.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfhvqUr0jrU&feature=related]How To Make a Clementine Candle - Apartment Therapy - YouTube[/ame]
    you can use a clementine though.

19. Set it on a plate.

20. [quote name='"Shirogane7"']

Set it on a plate.[/quote]

I can split the atom, but I can't tie my own shoelaces.... Lol plate is a great idea. Might try it one day, I have an oil warmer which is the same thing anyways. But will consider just to have something cool n homemade :)