Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cousin received a ticket for possession under an ounce in CA, help please?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zeb0, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Got a call last night from my cousin, hes 17, and he told me he JUST got a ticket for possession. His mom(my aunt), would honestly kill him, i know everyone says that...but my aunt is 100% catholic, and believes that if you didnt get a B in a class, you didnt pass. He said all the cops did was take his bud, give him his ticket, and they said that he could mail the ticket and the money($50) in.

So as of right now, his parents dont know about it, and what I was wondering, is if he still has to goto court? Basically, is there anyway to fix all of this without his mom finding out. I dont want this shit to backfire on me because im the one who got him into smoking, and I sell him bud sometimes.

So the complete question is: Can a MINOR in California who received a ticket for possession under 1 ounce take care of it himself without ANY parent involvement?

2. If its mail in yes if he has a court day theyd have to be there with him bro

3. He is Going to get slammed by mail probably from lawyers. Happens anytime u get a ticket

4. He's coming over soon, maybe his ticket says something.

5. Wait...so your cousin got pulled over with weed on him and he got a ticket and you have no idea what to do?

Damn man, I wish I could worry about a small ass problem like that.

6. Well if sounds like he can just mail in the money and that doesn't seem like a parent has to be involved, unless a guardian signature is needed.

7. Do what the cop said, mail the ticket in with the money..any no one has to find out...unless there is a court date, which I doubt because he could have told you.

8. i'd rather be busted with my parents

than you know, be in fucking PRISON.

Quit tripping dude, anything that happens it's better than years in prison. You cali people freaking about 50 bucks and your mommy finding out annoy me.

9. Its sad, because of how many people come to this community for help, and all anyone ever gets is bitched at and told some bullshit for no reason other than to act like a know-it-all member and to stand out in the crowd. You're wasting your time here kid, if your not going to help anyone, than you should help yourself to the door.

10. He's going to need to check the mail daily for the next month. Lawyers WILL be mailing him offers to represent him.

Regarding the ticket itself, no big deal.. just mail the money and it's over. No one will ever know.

11. Yeah you peeps out in Cali and Colorado have pretty it fucking easy with these $50-100 tickets... im looking @ around $100-500 in fines and a nice misdemeanor and if im carrying over 60g... im looking @ a felony and some jail time. And they will always try to pull a distribution charge on you if you are carrying more than one bag... fuck that. :eek:

Fuck Montana's outdated cannabis laws... besides Medical Marijuana, we got that down haha.
    Marijuana Laws in Montana

12. Fuck goverment, i got caught with CRUMBS of marijuana and still got slammed with a drug program that if i dont take i cant go to school anymore, isnt that silly???

13. How often do you carry around 60grams of weed? lol.

14. Ha, don't stress over a $50 ticket. Wish I got that. For 3 gs I got 1 year probation and over $800 in fines

15. [quote name='"Nikolai90"']

How often do you carry around 60grams of weed? lol.[/quote]

Haha probably not often. But even so that $100-$500 is still harsh.

16. Every month just about. I pick up 1-4 oz for my buddies and I... im the delivery boy/middle man who just happens to be the one with the best connect :smoke:

Actually going to pick up around 45g today :cool:... i get some good deals out here in the 4O6

17. #17 tyorke, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
    Dude, you mean you guys don't smoke joints like this? (skip to 1:40). :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzod7gvp9HQ[/ame]

To the OP: Best of luck. Definitely check your mail. When I got a speeding ticket and didn't want my parents to find out, I had to intercept like 4 or 5 letters. Crazy stuff. Other than that, you're free and clear. I know you think people are being insensitive, but it is true...try to see the bright side of things. Shit could be WAY worse. Take it as a learning experience, but everything should be fine. Just make sure you pay that ticket on time.

18. Letters from lawyers after getting tickets??? Must be a cali thing...

19. Nah man...I'm on the east coast, and I got this speeding ticket in a state like 600 miles away from my OWN state, and there were STILL letters at my parents house. Maybe some states have laws against that information privacy stuff, but you still don't want to take any chances.

20. Off-topic... but that is fucking sick!