Court Tuesday, what to expect?

Discussion in 'General' started by Vicious, Jul 7, 2008.

1. I have to go for my car accident.

reckless driving (4 points)
    running stop sign (3 points)
    broken headlights (2 points)
    Leaving the scene of an accident for over 50$ (6 points)
    I have a paper from the insurance company saying I made an insurance claim before I was pulled over. they told me I didn't have to call the police, but they never asked if it was on someone's property.

My license will be suspended for a month unless some charges are dropped or they offer me traffic school. They gave me a DUI test and I was fine. Think I will be drug tested at court for traffic charges? Think I may get probation for hitting a tree?

I have a recept for my clutch too, so I can say the clutch slipping is what caused the accident, but that still falls under reckless driving.

2. im spooking

3. I don't think they'll DT you. they prolly will offer you traffic school since you got so many points(they usually give traffic school for a chance to get some points erased)

good luck dude

4. if i get a public diffender will they give me another court date or can they help me the same day. When I called their office they made it sound like I could only use one if I fought the charges, which I'm not. I just want someone more professional to present my information, so I don't have to explain myself to a judge that doesn't want to hear it.

5. If you get a public defender they will give you another court date but I really dont think it will help you at all. I say your gonna get fines, fines, fines, community service, possibly some driver improvment courses I really doubt you will get probation.
    And a public defender is for people who cant afford a lawyer who are trying to fight their case, you cant get a public defender just so he can present your information

6. fuck community service. I have school and getting a job to worry about.

7. I got a DUI lowered to wreckless driving and a couple other charges. I got 250 community service hours its some bullshit and I gotta work it out between my job and school