Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Court on Thursday...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pingpongguy12, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Ok this is prob gonna be a long read, but I'd really appreciate some feedback/advice from anyone that knows law or has been in this type of situation.
    I live in Florida.

What really happened: Me and my friend were toking in the woods and he saw the cops so we ran and got caught to make long story short. There was prob about .5 grams of bud in a small plastic bag on the table ( back where we toked) and paraphanalia all around.
    Before we got busted we both ditched our lighters so we had absolutely nothing on us.

What i told them happened: (i was completely blazed when i told them this is what hpnd haha) We were taking a shortcut through the wooods ( this is legit since this is a well used shortcut and where we toked was off to the side of this dirt road shortcut) and we saw a table and a bunch of shit a little off in the woods so we went to investigate. We were there about 5 min when my freind said shit theres the cops and we ran bc we thought we were trespassing and we didnt want to get busted for all the shit around that wasnt ours.

charges: possession of cannabis ( under 20 g), possession of paraphanelia , obstructing officer w/o violence, and obstructing officer w/ violence ( this is complete bullshit i did not in any manner use violence and i will definitely fight this in court)

the way i see it they dont have anything on us except stuff that was "already there" and we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This seems legit since there was soo little bud and i spilt the bong water before running.
    i expect them to mention smell, but i will just say"prove it, i dont think i smelt like weed and there is no way you can prove i did and theres no way i can prove i didnt"
    also, when in the squad car i saw the laptop and it said they got a call regarding seeing smoke coming from the woods and that is why they investigated there, so if they mention that i will just say maybe people were smoking there and just left when we got there and left that tiny bud and all there paraphanlia there (it was a ghetto water bottle bong) not valuable glass and that where the smoke came from

so do you think this is a legit story that a should stick to and will get me anywhere or should i just confess?
    is there anything i should or should not mention?
    how are cops regarding shit that wasnt on you? like will the judge consider that good evidence?
    when do you think the first ua will be? ( i should be clean after this weekend)
    any other advice that will help me out?
    thank you

2. i dont have legal expertise, but damn! thats a good argument. i hope u win, cops need to fucking CHILL

:smoking:

3. talk to your lawyer...

4. They charged you with - Obstructing officer WITHOUT voilence - AND - Obstructing officer WITH voilence?

That's fucked up. You should get a lawyer and see what they can do, it's bullshit if they can charge you with both of thoses. You got a pretty good argument, a lawyer would be the best bet for you.

5. sounds legit. It's all about what they can pin on you. sounds like they don't actually have evidence besides being around there. Might want to consider either trying to get clean or buying some fake urine, as they may or may not test you just to see if you do smoke. But, you should be fine with that story.

6. You'd test positive for thc if you smoked on the same day as when they found that shit, so a thc test would be irrelevant.

7. from what it sounds like you don't really got a lawyer but talk to him. I guess you gotta tell him if u did it or not though so idk man. Good arguement though

8. if you plead innocent, a lawyer can be appointed to you, if you don't have one, if you decide to go that route.

9. Thanks for all the replies and ya it's kinds bullshit bc I had my story down straight and I called my freind wed night and told him what's up and he said ok . So next day he has court at 10 am and he goes and calls me at around 1 ( I had it at three) and tells me he told the case manager the truth so I have to tell the truth or else I look like a grade a bullshiter. He also told him that I bought the weed, owned it, and invited him to smoke ( basically it was all my fault) what an asshole.
    As for the obstructing officer w violence my case manager said they messed up on that so I just got possession, obstructing w o violence, and paraphenaila and all my dick freind got was obstructing officer. Also I got a ua tjhat day and I'm pretty sure I failed :(

And I completely agree cops need to get off our dicks and go arrest the murderers rapists and crack dealers.

10. They worked you two over good. Next time don't allow your friend to go in and make a statement without counsel. Check the thread in my sig... it could've saved your ass.