Court in a few days

Discussion in 'General' started by africantapwater, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Old thread, new news:

ATW, for his charge of paraphernalia, received a motion for dismissal through deferred disposition probation.

:hello::hello::hello:

As long as I can keep my ass out of reach of the long arm for 90 days, my record is clean!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

original post:

So not too long ago, yours truly got picked up and put in handcuffs for a small glass pipe that was found in my pocket.

My court date is coming up this week and, being new to this situation, I wonder if theres any advice the city can give me.

:)

2. Fix up, look sharp, and you should be fine.

3. Sounds easy enough :D

Suit?

4. yes.

to the nines.

suit, tie, dress shoes.

shave. get a neat haircut (if that applies).

ive been to court half a dozen times now,

i still cant believe people go to court in street clothes.

part your hair, make yourself look like an innocent boy scoutin' person who didnt know better.

appearance is everything.

think positive, good luck man.

5. Got a suit that'll do the trick. It's more on the bold side, with them vertical and horizontal well spaced stripes, but it worked for a funeral so it should work for the law.

However, I keep my head shaved down to a close #1, and I sport a very well trimmed beard. Will this be an issue?

I guess the better question on the hair is, should I go in with a freshly shaved head (I was wanting to cut it today, anyway) or should I leave it and hope every millimeter of growth helps my image?

6. I don't think a beard will land you in jail. If you're nice and courteous and have respect towards the judge, you won't be in a bad situation. Just be calm and respectful and you'll be ok!

7. I don't know what it would take to get me to stop crying if that happened. :(

8. I dunno about all that.

For a small pipe I think a nice polo shirt/khakis/dress shoes or timbs or something would be fine and presentable.

At the end of the day I think the whole appearance thing is overrated. I been to court in street clothes and go shit dropped, went dressed up and got fucked anyways. The main thing is to just be presentable and show respect to the judge. Stand up straight, "yes your honor, no your honor" and don't give the judge any sort of attitude. Show that you have learned what you did wrong and what you are doing to prevent this in the future and how much it has impacted you to get your life together. If you are really sweatin it then a suit/tie may be in order just to be sure, but for me personally I think they may be overkill for a single paraphenalia charge. But from my experience it boils down to the evidence and a few outside factors that are beyond your control (the judge, the place you live's tolerance to weed, etc).

9. i was just offering things that will help every little bit.

and i have two relatives practicing their judgeship in athens, georgia that would care to disagee with your opinion about "overrated appearance".

10. Sorry, Stunna, I appreciate your input bro but I've gotta trust Scooby Dooby on this one.

11. better to be safe than sorry.

the more "sociable" you look, the more they'll be willing to help you out. dress how you think a friend of the judge's would dress at work. suit. shaved head is fine. just look douchily proper.

you'll be fine. they have more of these things than they know what to do with. and mind your pleases and thank yous.

community service is not a bad thing, either.

12. Good luck man. You're a cool blade. :)

13. my son got caught in school with a pipe and now he has to submit to drug testing

14. How did anyone have access to your pockets?Or did you just give up your rights?

15. Dress Nicely, Be Calm, Think Positive..Good luck bro

16. I hate getting put in handcuffs, at a taste of chaos concert, I was handcuffed and thrown out of the arena, they did the whole duffle bag handcuff routine. Shit hurt but it makes for a good story to tell people.

17. The car had an odor to it and, aside from being nervous and caught off guard, someone had to take the blame and I wasn't going to let it be my friend.

:(