Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Court for Possession (Decriminalized)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kaieousness, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hey blades,
    I've got my court date tomorrow for possession. I lost my summons, but I know it's just a possession charge even though we had a bong. Here in NY that means a max $100 fine.

I'm just nervous because I've never been in legal trouble before :\ I'm sure someone here has been through this. Any thoughts on what I can expect? And any advice?

2. You are going to dress far too fancy compared to 60% of the people in the court room with you. There will probably be 50 people there and all of them could give no fucks about your trial.

You will basically show up, talk to a judge for 5 minutes and then you're on your way.

Well, that's what court was like for me anyway.

3. I have never even talked to a judge before. That's what my lawyers for

4. Pretty much you go in, wait in line, talk to a judge, get your fine, and leave. That's how it was for me, but I was underaged at the time so I don't know if it's the same for big boy court.

5. It's simple... if you've ever gone to court for a ticket it's the same thing... Walk into a room and sit. Wait for your name to be called, walk up to the podium in front of the magistrate.

(S)he will read your charges out to you, and ask if you plead guilty or innocent. You say guilty. (S)he says you owe 100$ and that'll be payable to some bitch secretary outside the court room. Pay, then leave and roll a blunt in the parking lot.

6. court will be short fast nerve wrecking and the judge wont give a fuck

7. Only been in trouble with the law twice, my lawyer got me out without ever seeing a courtroom. The second time I never got caught.

8. [quote name='"HelpDesk"']It's simple... if you've ever gone to court for a ticket it's the same thing... Walk into a room and sit. Wait for your name to be called, walk up to the podium in front of the magistrate.

(S)he will read your charges out to you, and ask if you plead guilty or innocent. You say guilty. (S)he says you owe 100$ and that'll be payable to some bitch secretary outside the court room. Pay, then leave and roll a blunt in the parking lot.[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better.

9. been in and out of the court system for some pretty heavy shit and i must say toward the end the judge/magistrate/da ended up being pretty cool with me.

i was on probation for weed, failed 3 drug tests over a year and a half. when i had to go to court for my 3rd one probation was over but i owed them a few bucks so technically i was still on it and my lawyer said these words without me knowing. "your honor my client loves marijuana and it will always be a part of his life" we all started laughing together and the judge (when he was done laughing) said you owe the court 175 bucks can you pay it now? I said absolutely your honor and he said see ya later everythings all set now.

good times. havent been back in 3 years