Court backs Calif. marijuana dispensaries

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xdog, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Published: Oct. 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    [​IMG]

Several hundred protesters demonstrate at a medical marijuana and anti-war protest outside a fundraiser for President Barack Obama at the Fox Theater in Oakland, California on July 23, 2012. UPI/David Yee License photo

Read more: Court backs medical marijuana dispensaries in California - UPI.com

SAN DIEGO, Oct. 25 (UPI) -- A California judicial panel sided with medical marijuana growers, ruling pot collectives can provide the drug to members, even if the members didn't grow it.
    The San Diego district attorney and California Attorney General Kamala Harris argued the provision in the state's medicinal marijuana law permits non-profit collectives, but they were intended to be small groups of people who grew the plants together, not a massive enterprise with thousands of patients serving as a mass dispensary, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Wednesday.
    But a three-judge appellate panel in San Diego said the state's law protects non-profit pot collectives regardless of size.
    Prosecutors were said to be eyeing Harborside Health Center, an Oakland non-profit marijuana collective with 108,000 patients, making it the largest medicinal marijuana provider in the country.

Read more: Court backs medical marijuana dispensaries in California - UPI.com

2. lol medical marijuana is a joke for the most part now. "i like weed." really?

3. #3 AfganiKush, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012

Prohibition is a joke. I'll admit that probably 80% of Cali mmj patients wouldn't have recs. if it weren't for it's illegality. But they have rediculous, hypocritical laws on something harmless in comparison to legal drugs, so why should we take them seriously. Their a joke; the feds, dea, the whole damn government is a fucking joke right now. The two parties are so fucking stubborn that they would rather screw over the other party than actually make some progress for the damn country. I can't take the government seriously, and i sure as hell can't take the DEA seriously. Why try to engage them intellectually, when they deny scientific & medical facts???:confused: Personal interest, obviously. They want to keep their job, some even view marijuana as a terrible drug, but for the most part they know exactly how harmless it is. Yet they continue to arrest and prosecute us, knowing that we aren't the villians we've been made out to be by propaganda of past decades. That takes someone with no morals, an ignorant turd, or someone with strict or extremist religous views to continually do that. Those are the qualifications actually, to become a DEA agent :D

4. isnt that the dispensary that had the TV show about it? last i saw they owed like a million dollars in bullshit taxes or something along those lines

5. Being from California and a partner in a dispensary I'm here to tell you its all fucked up. The mmj industry is going the way of big oil big pharmacy. They are trying to form a cartel and with government help limiting competition. They say they are non profit but its complete bs. They buy product for 1500 a lb and sell it for over 5000. compassionate my ass. It's a joke seeing old hippies with so much animosity towards big oil in big pharmacy and yet they push the same policies in there industries. Don't push for tax and regulations ever, bieng illegal is much much better. If you want change demand it be decriminalized.

6. Heres peoples views on that argument "why have something else harmful legal" they act like alchol and cigs are just as bad as smoking weed. Tobacco and alcohol is way worst then weed.

7. thats just the way business in america is, as long as i am getting super dank weed for 10 a gram (much better than non medical states) then i could care less. i mean do you really expect a dispensary to sell quality herb that on the streets would fetch 20 a gram for like 10 bucks an eighth? i mean talk about opening up the door to MMJ patients selling there medicine, not saying this doesnt still happen but you get my point.

8. [quote name='"FatSesh92"']
    thats just the way business in america is, as long as i am getting super dank weed for 10 a gram (much better than non medical states) then i could care less. i mean do you really expect a dispensary to sell quality herb that on the streets would fetch 20 a gram for like 10 bucks an eighth? i mean talk about opening up the door to MMJ patients selling there medicine, not saying this doesnt still happen but you get my point.[/quote]

Here were I live in California herb is half price in black market than it is in a club. The cheapest you'll find it in a club for good shit is 35-40 a eighth. On the street its 20-25 ....where I'm at at least. I can find it for 15 for the best of the best.

9. you must have a great connect because the only way i could get bud that cheap is if i get it straight from the grower

10. Must live near Humboldt

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ulmwlmGeeU&feature=endscreen&NR=1]Judge Rips Marijuana Laws! - YouTube[/ame]

12. [quote name='"Anonimo"']

Must live near Humboldt[/quote]

Near but better, my place not so humid little more south longer grow season better imo

13. will weed be legalized in my lifetime? maybe not, but i dont think that means we should give up the fight. we gotta stand up for whats right no matter what :smoke:

14. But say no! To tax and regulations

15. Hey, I'm moving from Louisiana to Escondido Cali next month and really hoping to get mmj card? Do y'all know if the dispensaries in Vista are still open, or where the nearest dispensary to Escondido is located? Also if I have a medical history of depression and prescribed antidepressants(which I just quit in hopes medical marijuana can substitute) should I be able to get doc referral pretty easy or no?

16. Just have medical records in hand and ask the doc.:rolleyes:

17. Kool, thanx Cball, I will obtain those records before I head out there. That way I won't have to find a doc who does 24hr record checks which hopefully make my visit cheaper

18. it really is a joke it isn't legalized. i find it rediculous that "patients" feel the need to take youtube videos of them "medicating." Just cut the bull shit and admit you like to get high. I know many people out there actually need mmj in their lives but the industry is just pitiful now and doing way more harm than good. Take a look at this video of these guys "medicating." if i was perscribed xanax or something of that nature i wouldn't make a god damn video about it, it is such a joke. then you get those mmj snobs sitting on their high horse saying things like "only patients should use mmj!" it makes everything look so much worse. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZgWJlB2baE&feature=related]Colorado medical marijuana patients smoking a bong bowl - YouTube[/ame]

19. Here in San Diego, most dispensaries have closed their store fronts but continue to offer a delivery service to older, long time customers. The on I was going to shut its doors last week. Anyone else from SD know any place accepting new patients?