Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Court arraignment on monday....((((MEDICAL MARIJUANA CASE)))

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JCrohn, Jan 23, 2010.

1. #21 sinsemillaplease, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
    If you were in full and total compliance with the law, you're going to be fine. You were arrested for failing to demonstrate proof on the scene. Once the DA is made aware, pursuing charges would not only be unlawful on his part... but damaging to the reputation of his/her office.

List of pot-friendly lawyers from NORML. They're likely to be best equipped for your defense.

2. Yup, thats what i keep hearing...but im a nervous wreck about the case still. I will man up and get the best possible legal representation if necessary....

3. This is true.

4. It is most likely going to get thrown out. I wouldnt waste too much money on an attorney right off the bat if I was you. You just have to show up with your prescription to prove that you are an MMJ patient. The cop arrested you because you had no proof at the moment. Its just like getting a ticket for any other thing.. you gotta show up to court to produce paperwork so they can dismiss you. Keep us posted.

5. its tomorrow...getting really nervous.

I have all my medical records including a signed note by my doctor in summer 08 which required me to completely wihdraw classes because of a serious medical condition.

6. Good vibes being sent your way, I'm sure you'll do fine.

7. Your first mistake was that you stupidly left your medical documentation at home.

Your second mistake was not knowing your rights when at a traffic stop. You should have never have been searched in the first place.

Your CURRENT misconception is:
    POSSESSING A BONG TO SMOKE MMJ ISN'T LEGAL. They're taking you to court for it, how can you STILL be under the misconception that it's legal? Look up a law or two now that you're being taken to court.

8. Case was resolved at arraignment. No charges filed pending.

So, ya....they didnt even have my file there and i pretty much walked in and out.

9. Congrats! Stress free and you know to carry your paperwork at ALL times now. :D

10. Congrats man :)

Glad to hear it worked out fine for you, that paraphernalia loopholes suckssss

11. I know, now its time to focus on the more important things :)

12. congrates bro. looks like it was decently pain free

13. See man youre good....Important lesson learned easily. Peace

14. #34 Zoom420, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
    Make sure you went to the DA and turned in your paperwork to them. The DA has up to a year to file your case. If you did talk to the DA and he/she told you it was good to go then youre done. IF you talked to a court clerk and the DA hadnt filed a case, that may not have been sufficient to avoid a future court date if the DA decides to file (ie they dont know you are a MJ patient).

Or .. maybe its all good to go, but just a few words of caution to make sure you dont leave loose ends...

Glad it all worked out!

15. See, all that worrying for nothing.

NOW you know to always carry your paperwork with you (make a copy). Also, I don't keep my original paperwork on me at all, it's in a safe secure location. Everything I carry with me is a copy

16. Ya, thanks for all the good vibes you guys :)

My mom is still paranoid as hell though about me ever getting asrrested again.

17. Just wanted to send some good vibes your way for your good fortune.

18. i got a ticket when i got pulled over and had my bag in my pocket. i didnt ven have my card then but i went got it and went to court the judge just looked at it then said ok and started talking about all the other tickets

i love the bay

19. Just so you all know....i just got pulled over (this time i was the driver) and I had my documents...left scot free :D.

20. So what happened?

You didnt need to show them papers did you?