couple quick questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by styg, Apr 4, 2009.

1. ok im about to start growing and i just have a few questions

1. it would be very helpful if u guys could suggest a few diffrent soils that u have used that work well also any nutes i should use
    2. i have four plants so i was gonna mayb try some diffrent grow techs with one or two and i heard about a technique where u trim the leaves or something along those lines if someone could mayb tell me a little more that would be great (it is suppose to increase thc resin i think)
    3.kind of a extension of number one but any ferts u would recomend

thanks any thing helps and try to be as detailed as possible this is my first grow and i want it to be as good as possible

2. 1. as far as soil i am using fox farm's ocean forest (its organic) but the problem is that it only comes in huge ass bags (i think it comes in 35lb or 50lb varieties). many localities have an organized composting thing going on and you probably can get some free (mix with generic potting soil and you will be okay)...ask someone at your local community garden/greenspot or local nursery about free compost. some people on here have had success with miracle gro, but a few folks who have been growing longtime steered me away from the stuff.

2. i think you are thinking about topping (there's a sticky on the board just type it into the search box), not really sure. but again my understanding from other growers is you don't want to remove the fan leaves (the large leaves).

3. i am using fox farms system (hesi does a hydro nute system): big bloom (through out), tiger bloom (starting at the end of veg state and throughout flowering period), grow big (during the veg state). they run about 15-20 a bottle for the quart size bottle (which is more than enough for a handful of plants).

if you are looking to grow inexpensively, checkout buds for less: grow 8oz of bud for less than $100 (by a SeemoreBuds). you should be able to download the book through your favorite torrent site (ie: piratesbay, etc.) I hope this helpful (and if so share the love by hitting the 'reputation' at the top right -- the scale icon).

Happy Grow

3. Indoors or outdoors??

4. thanks alot snax that helped alot and cantharis i will be growing outdoors