couple quick questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by keelo, Jan 2, 2007.

1. I have 4 female plants nearing end of flowering. On every grow before this I have done as told best and cut the plant off at the base and hung it up in a box etc. However I know that after flowering I can cut the buds off and 24/0 the light cycle and re-veg the plant. I do not want to buy more seeds, i'd like to just re-veg and clone if possible. What is the advantage of cutting the whole plant down and hanging vs. just cutting off the buds? Will just cutting buds and drying them without taking down the whole plant lessen the strength of the harvest at all? When a plant re-veg's is it safe to assume that it will Keep it's sex so I could just clone it like hell? Thanks.

2. When you reveg a plant it will keep its sex yes, once a girl always a girl.

I'm not sure why most people just cut down the whole tree and hang it to dry.
    Maybe because it's the quickest?

I myself only cut off the buds, and reveg.

3. thank you, sounds great :)

4. answered a question i was going to ask in a few weeks, thanks

5. Ive read that if you just cut the buds off of the plant you are loosing some of the resin and oils you could have in the buds if you chopped it down whole. When you cut the whole plant down the buds absorb all of the oils and resin and water left in the stalks of the plants. When you just cut the buds off, they dont get a chance to absorb all of the extra goodies. I doubt the loss in weight is very substantial, but you might be missing out on a few grams.

6. yeah i'm finding that in my readings too, so i decided to just leave one plant to reveg and use it for future clones :) i appreciate everyones information.

7. i'm sure there is gotta be a catch 22 to this re-veg after flowerin thing.

wouldn't it be more widely accepted if it worked everytime:confused: ?????

what are the drawbacks. . . .

8. the second harvest is never as good, and it can take up to 1 month to start growing normally again...