Couple quick newbie questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by seminole88, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Hey guys, just had a couple quick questions that maybe y'all could answer for me. So i put 6 seeds into peat pellets without soaking them or any kind of germination. I've been making sure their moist and warm and eventually today 5 of them have broken their shells and started to sprout. Also, i have 8 seeds that i soaked in water over night in some Foxfarm soil in plastic cups. The ones in soil have been there for about 2 days but the peat pellet ones have been in my closet for the past 3 days without any light except when i check them to make sure the peat is wet enough. Sometime this week i'm going to get a 400 watt 10,000 lumen fluorescent light from the local garden place but i have to wait for my college tuition money ;). All i have right now is a desk lamp worth like 900 lumens. When should i start the 24 hours of light and should i just wait until i get the grow light? Also, how many plants do you guys think i could succesfully grow with the 10,000 lumen light? I want to grow around 3-5 plants but i also want to make sure i get females. Any help is appreaciated!

2. No, the seedlings need light RIGHT NOW! Put them under the lamp... probably only take your 2 weeks or so though...I'd probably put em on the window sill though...

3. I am flowering 2 right now under a 250 watt hps..which is like 30,000 lumens.. I wouldn't go more plants than that... for that many plants you will need an HPS bro,, or at least a small one supplemented with some cfl's. go to www. econolight.com you can find a modifiable hps you can use for about 50 bucks...

4. Just as nature intended - the best way. Now they need LIGHT!!

5. hey guys thanks for the replies!

Today i got my light but not what i originally was gonna get. I ended up with a Sunleaves Comet fixture with a 125w VitaLume full spectrum Warm light because of my budget. I got rid of the seeds in the soil because the 5 in peat pellets have all started to crack their shell and one is already like 2 inches tall. Im gonna use the same light throughout veg and flowering cause i definitely don't have the money to do anything else except get some ferts and a fan. Hopefully thats enough light to get those 4 or 5 seeds to the time where i can get 1 or 2 females by themselves. This is my first grow so basically a test run but i think im gonna try to do a journal so wish me luck!

6. LUCK! man....be watchin...