Couple Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hootskers420, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Okay, so Im in the 5th week of my first indoor grow (3rd grow overal)l and everything is going splendid. Ive got 2 plants underneath 4 40w CFLs and a 2 ft shop light. I couldnt be happier with how things are going, Im just confused about a couple things. First, both of my plants are from the same mother but they look like completely different strains. One is a short, dense, bushy Indica, and the other is more of a 50/50 mix, the leaves are longer and skinnier, its growing a little faster, and its a little bit more "unruly". So my question is, did I get my seeds mixed up and planted two different strains, or are they two different phenotypes maybe? Or maybe it means ones a male and ones a female?

Second, on the short bushy one, the new sets of leaves have up to 13 or 14 leaves on them! Theres the normal 7, then theres a few smaller leaves sticking out of the middle, and a few more smaller leaves on the bottom...anyone know what could have caused this? Is it a sign of a problem??

Any feedback is appreciated.

2. I'm confused, are these plants from seeds or are they clones, and if so from the exact same mother plant or from two different mothers?

3. Theyre from seed, Im not exactly sure if they are from the same plant, there were a few of them, but they are the same strain.

4. Look, it's really hard to help you when your story keeps changing. OK, so they are from seed, so I still don't know what you meant by "both of my plants are from the same mother."

It sounds like you don't know if it's the same strain or not. So it could be two different strains, and it's possible that they are different phenotypes of the same strain. How in the world could anyone answer any more than that?

The one thing we know for sure is that the different appearance is not due to gender.

5. Okay sorry if Im being unclear, Ive been a little out of it the last few days, Ill try to spell it out a little bit more. I had 3 plants last season, all were the same strain. 2 of the plants ended up being hermies, both plants looked exactly the same and had the same bud. The two plants I have now are both from the seeds of those 2 hermies. Plants look like 2 different strains now, I thought that hermy seeds can only have one phenotype because they were never crossed...is that right?

Im actually more concerned with why one of my plants has nearly twice the amount leaves per set as it should....any idea there?