Couple questions with first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bong_Ripper21, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Hey Im on my first grow and I had a few questions. They are on day number 8 and lookin good. Ive got 5 good ass seeds planted and they are just under a 105 watt cfl that puts out 6900 lumens. I will probably end up getting another 105 watter when they get a little bigger. I currently have my timer set at 20 on 4 off. Should I leave it here and about when in weeks will I need to reduce the light. The next drop will be 18 on 6 off right? Im not looking for HUGE plants because Im in a 1 br apartment.

Oh and one more question. I have a small computer fan blowing right on them makin em move a little bit? Is this the right thing to do to help make them stronger? Thanks for the help guys.

2. You can do the light switch when ever you want. Going 18/6 isnt going to do anything drastic to them. Its once you go to 12/12 that things get real fun! Are you growing in a cupboard or closet or right in the open? If your in the open, the computer fan will circulate the air around the plant, also will help strengthen its stem by simulating a breeze. The only problem is when you switch to 12/12 you'll need to put them in a completely dark area, no light leaks. If you are in a closet or cupboard now, just that computer fan blowing on them wont be sufficient, you'll also need fresh air exchange. Hope i answered your question! Good luck.

3. Cool thanks for the help. Yea Im doing it in my closet. So from what I understand I can let them get to the height I want then I can switch the light to 12/12 and they will start to flower? I thinks thats the flower stage. But what Im trying to get at is I dont want HUGE plants so is that the way I make it so they arent huge? Thanks for the help guys.

4. Yes switching to 12/12 cycle a soon as possible will make the plants smaller in height.

5. if you veg a plant to be too big youll lose bud in the long run.

6. Ok cool so can someone tell me when I need to switch to 12/12. About how tall and how many weeks in approximately do people switch to 12/12. Remember Im not looking for huge but medium sized plants. Thanks for the help guys.

7. the average grower either vegges for 4-6 weeks or 6-8 weeks anything more than that I havent heard of.