Couple Questions from a new grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KeepUp, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Hey everybody, I'm new to these forums and new to growing and I have a couple questions and would greatly appreciate any advice I can get. I plan to do a small, couple plant operation in a closet using a compact florescent light.

First off, the seeds I'm going to use were taken from an outdoor plant while I'm planning to grow indoors.. Does this make a difference?

Second, I will be using a small fan for ventilation. Should I place it low to the floor, make a little platform and have it about midway or put it on a shelf at the top?

Thirdly, whats a good basic soil mix for a beginner (not too expensive either)? I already have access to perilite and peat moss. Also, I'm going to plant a bunch of germinated seeds in plastic cups and then transplant a few of the strongest when they're ready. Is this a good way to go (keep in mind its my first time)? How big of a pot will I need to a hold a mature plant?

Lastly, the closet I will be using is already painted white but the paint is flaking off in some parts. What should I do to the walls to minimize moisture damage and be the best for my plants? One friend recommended covering the walls with something he called "Black and White" and another recommended aluminum foil. The closet is also very tall (about 11 feet), do I need to cover the entire thing, ceiling and all?

Thanks in advance for any insight given!
    I cant wait to get growing [​IMG]

2. Welcome to the city!

3. #3 KeepUp, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
    Thanks a lot man, I've got a couple more questions that have come to mind though haha

Will a 5 gallon pot be big enough to hold my full grown plant?

Also, in a lot of guides I'm reading they are saying to keep the humidity of the grow space at around 40-60%. What they don't say is how to control the humidity.. Do I just spray some mist in the closet lol?

What about plant food/nutrients? Any recommendations?

-edit-
    and to clarify.. One fan pointing out of the closet, one fan pointing in?