Couple questions before i attempt my second grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kawnchiss, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Hey everyone,
    I have a bunch of seeds i purchased, and would like to start germinating today. I didn't produce to much on my last grow but it went well, so now i have a few questions before i get started on my second grow. I have a 4x7 tent with an 1000w mars LED. How many plants should i be growing in this tent? Secondly. I have to remove my carbon filter and inline fan, should the plants grow fine/what is a good alternative?
    Cheers!

2. the tent will grow 2 to 50 at a time, the light is another issue, I would have no issue with 6 or maybe even 8 under that light for veg, but would not try to flower more than 2 plants, the more you try to cover the less light all your plants will get

• Like Like x 1
  3. Do you not have an exhaust fan running? The air needs to be exchanged. You can have any number of plants in there you wish, but that light isn't going to adequately cover that huge area. How many watts does the light use?

4. I have an exhaust but not allowed to have it running as it makes to much noise, and i'm using an 1000 WATT MARS LED.

5. You're going to at least want some quiet fans bringing fresh air in the tent and hopefully another one exhausting some of the heat. Also, one of the biggest drawback of LEDs is that they typically shine straight down so they cover a smaller footprint than an HID...

Were you successful in your last grow? Was it the same set up? I think you should try to improve not go backwards, and taking out your exhaust system is going to make your plants starved for fresh air.

• Like Like x 3
  6. None of MarsHydro lights use 1000 watts. They make a couple of lights which use 800 watts

You can't grow marijuana without ventilation. It really is that simple. If it's too loud then buy a dimmer or fan controller and run the fan at a slower speed

7. My last grow was still too hot even with the exhaust running but i was using HPS, knowing LED is cooler, it shouldn't be hotter than the hps WITH the exhaust, I understand it needs fresh air but will be doing that manually, settings smaller fans to blow air out and, fans blowing air back in, a few times a day, so they aren't "starved" of fresh air.

8. Honestly, i've grown in my closet a few years back, no ventilation and using CFL lights, believe it or not, that grow went better than anything i've tried. So, i doubt they will die with no "ventilation" which i will be having just not a superb setup, and mine is a 1000 WATT, i can post pictures if you'd like

9. They may survive but they aren't going to thrive. Which model is it?

What wattage was the HPS that you had?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nor did they thrive when I had the HPS and exhaust running, It was an 1000 WATT but running it at 750, I vegged for 2 months, flowered for more then 3 months, and they didn't "thrive" and still were picked early and i gave it 3 weeks more then expected. So, i will not be going back to that method for sure.

11. I admire you Gold, I would not be able to get past the part where they argue with good advice, when these get to the point of well you told me what wrong so ill tell you its fine, I stop, after he kills a few plants, or wants more than 10g per harvest he will be ready to listen and learn, everything you have said is stuff I knew before I even ordered a seed let alone planted one, I guess I just have no patients damn now I feel like a Cheeto Hitler.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Some plants take a long time to flower, the light will not have anything to do with it.

What MarsHydro light do you have?

13. Show me those pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. will do, but i said picture of the LED if that's what you are here for, hence the closet grow i said a few years back, which I do not have pictures of, but ill post the LED in a second

15. I understand what he is saying, i'm saying ive DONE what he has done, and the results were not as good as when i tried without anyone knowledge on growing, isn't life about trial and error? Seems like you like to read about life, not experience it, all well.

16. That makes no sense. Trial and error is the worst way of learning, hence the error part. You're better off learning information from others so you don't have to experience the errors.

But besides all that, you asked how many plants you can grow under that light. To answer this I need to know how many watts it uses. So I'm still waiting for you to tell me what model it is. I have asked several times. Why is this conversation getting so complicated?

And I'm pretty sure you haven't "done what I've done"

17. the wattage is in the first post and i've said it twice now, 1000 watt, if you want the model i think morrison or king led not to sure, i was mistaken yes, not mars.

18. You said it was a MarsHydro and they don't make a 1kw light so I was right to question you. How can you not know the brand of your own light but still be this confident that you have the wattage correct? Can you take a photo of it?

19. Man if you only have one King Led 1000w model, that's only 185 actual watts. With that light you could grow 1 plant

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  20. That would certainly explain why he's not getting the same heat output as the 1000w HPS lol

• Like Like x 2