Couple Pollination Questions for yall

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gre123123, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Some of these questions probably are easy and i SHOULD kno the answers. ne way, I had an issue in another thread about a male possibly pollinating my females, because i killed it late but the sacs hadnt opened i dont think.
    Can part of a plant be pollinated? or is the whole plant pollinated or none at all?

Is there a way to tell if a plant is pollinated without picking off buds and checking the calyxs?

thanks GC!

2. Flowers are pollinated individually. How bad it's seeded depends upon how much pollen was released and how drafty the room is. It's common for flowering plants to grow male flowers in the final weeks or from stress. You can even get 1 tiny male flower in a female bud!

I do not know of any pregnancy tests for bud. lol. And it's funny, as I'm about to purposefully pollinate a couple buds so I can start my own strain. :) So a few seeds are good. Chances are, you'll get a couple buds that are completely beany, and the rest will just have one or two beans. If they pollinated before 4 weeks flowering, the seeds should be fully matured by harvest. :)

Good luck!

3. You'll start to see a calyx split open and look white inside if it has been pollinated.

4. Each individual calyx is, in effect, an ovum, so each calyx has its own independent chance of being pollinated. So that means the whole plant, only certain buds, or even only certain parts of a bud could be pollinated while the rest is not.

5. Thanks guys I have seen a few seeds so far but I am hoping that it is only certain parts of the crop. will find out soon enough. plus rep for everyone!