Couple plant issues, first time grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kuroishinto, Nov 17, 2010.

1. I'm 5 weeks into flowering, and I have a few issues. First off, the plant hermied :(, it only was a couple days of the light being off by an hour, all it took. I blame it partially on bad genetics (bagseed). I'm going to finish the grow for sure. The bud thats formed smells lemony/fruity/delicious. So I'm going to just try and trim the naners as best I can.

Questions:
    How long does it take a male flower to release pollen? Basically how long do I have to find that nanner before it releases pollen?

I trimmed a bunch of lower popcorn bud branches off to reduce the amount of nanner sites, and send the energy to upper sites, I noticed a lot of my hairs are turning brown, almost like they were singed with a lighter. there are also a few brown necrotic holes appearing on the lower fan leaves. I'm treating with cal-mag starting now, as an educated guess.

thanks

2. im BUMPING this.
    i've always been curious to finding out a "ballpark" answer to this question...