Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Couple of Questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JaysFan32, May 24, 2010.

1. Sorry to all the long time members of the board I'm sure these questions get asked all the time.

I've been smoking for about 2 years now, and for the last 7 or 8 months I've been smoking on average an ounce a week. Usually I smoke only by gravity bong, with the occasional joint when I really need it.

I have always wondered if smoking an ounce a week just via a gbong is considered a lot? For the record, smoking an ounce a week has not hindered my life whatsoever, I used to be very anti-pot until I finally tried it and have been hooked ever since.

Is an ounce a week a lot? The one thing I don't like is how much of my money goes to weed, it's about 100$ an ounce where I'm from (Canada), So i usually spend 400 to 550$ a month on weed.

2. Yeah smoking an O in a week is a fair amount of weed but if your keeping your shit together then why not

3. I don’t know any consumers that smoke that much, but most of my mates that have been growing for an extended amount of time do.

I like to smoke a Half a week, but i don't have an "office Job", and my (outdoor) Pot is pretty week compared to hydro. I smoke a little less if I'm given hydro by mates.

On a side note, as a fellow Gravity connoisseur, do you pull 2 liter bottles from buckets, or the "water draining from container" method?
    I'm sure gravities wreck your tolerance, which is why most gravity users i know burn through so much pot;)

4. 2 litre method, everytime I go to the grocery store I'll buy 2 or 3 cheap brand sodas which eventually become great g-bongs.

And ya totally wrecks your tolerance, Joints still get me pretty high though it's just a different kind of buzz. I remember when my buddy suggested I take 2 g-bongs in a row for the first time, I thought he was crazy. Now i can't get really baked unless I take 2-3 at a time.

I'm lucky because it's mostly indoor around here, Jack Herra, Powerplant, M-39 for average stuff, Jack and Powerplant is great stuff, amazing indoor.

5. :smoke:Hey if you got the money smoke more :smoke:

6. Oh I would, thats why I primarily use a g-bong because compared to joints you use way less weed right, I actually work to make my ounce last because 500$ bucks a month is crippling me as it is but it's totally worth it. Just wish I had more! I'd love to smoke nothing but joints

7. shit man, I consider that a lot.. during my heavy use, I'd be smoking a half oz a week, but that was mostly out of joints/blunts.

In my experience, grav bongs use much much less than other techniques, especially joints or blunts. 2-3 rips off a grav (with a small socket) and I'm usually destroyed. So, I'd say smoking an oz through a grav would be a lot..But I am in no way criticizing you.. If I had that much money, I'd be doing the same thing!

8. haha ya no worries same here, I love my g-bong it gets the job done and saves my stash, but nothing really beats a good joint, it's just so inefficient compared to the g-bong or a lung or something.

I think I'm also lucky to smoke as much as I do cuz I think it's pretty cheap here like, 100 to 120 per ounce depending on what it is. I have a feeling in other places it's pretty expensive.

9. Yes you smoke a lot of weed that you don't pay a lot for. Great dude. Go you!

10. lol, someone hasn't taken their daily hit. Wasn't trying to brag there big guy, was asking the very helpful other members what they think considering most of the users here are regular smokers, I think this is a valid place to ask the questions I did.

Congrats to you, you have intimidated me and made me wish I didn't cross your path! Did you get what you wanted out of all that? Good, now go find a kleenex or some weed and relax abit asshole.

11. That explains it. Assuming you're not buddies with someone who can give you redic prices, you're getting shitty bud if its $100 an ounce. I'm Canadian too (Toronto), An o of dank will cost me $180-200

12. Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

Main reason I ask here is because if you can't see how burning up 500/month on weed hasn't hindered your lifestyle at all, then you're either very spoiled, or very rich.:D

Either way, my advice to you for several reasons would be to invest in some kind of vape. Not only will your weed last longer, but the health benefits are considerably better than joints.

And yeah, an O a week is a lot, but that's just one mans opinion.

13. just from a small town man, it's not bad weed, like I said what I usually get is powerplant, jack herra, m-39, ak-47, that kind of stuff, usually always indoor, but ya we have crappy outdoor weed too. It's hard to explain why it's so cheap here but basically it's because there are alot of people who grow in the area, it's a country area so theres not that many people so theres always too much weed around actually, I know It sounds like i'm trying to brag, I'm not though.

14. haha not rich, maybe more well off than others but not rich. I'm 19, and ya your right 500 a month on weed does hinder my lifestyle in the sense that I don't spend my money on much else, but I guess that's the bonus to having no financial responsibilities yet. :)

Sorry to anyone that feels like I'm trying to show off or something, I didn't know the prices were that vastly different elsewhere, I knew i was getting it cheaper but judging by the reactions of some people apparently i'm getting it at ridiculous prices, the most expensive stuff I get is this really amazing indoor, great crystals, Powerplant is the name. That stuff is probably 140 an ounce, and my dealer isn't my close friend or anything, so I don't know.

15. It's a lot. Do you have a job? I'm assuming yes because i doubt your parents give you five hundred dollars a month. Regardless, if I were you i would go on a tolerance break and try to get down to a half O a week. You'll have a lot more money to spend on other things. IMO it would be a better balance. Get your tolerance low enough you may only need less than a gram a day.

16. I may have to quit soon actually I start University in the fall, I'll be in a new place and not know anyone, and I'll be in rez. so that should do the trick in cutting back for a while, atleast until I meet the local dealer lol.