couple of questions with pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by yomomma, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Hi,
    These plants are 20 days old. I transplanted them yesterday. Some plants are showing signs of withering and on 2 plants the tips are getting a yellow tint.

i noticed the leaves on about 3 plants are showing some sort of blemish, very slight but noticable.
    [​IMG]

Yellow tips on the plant on the right
    [​IMG]

and the withering of one plant
    [​IMG]

all these plants are side by side and get exactly the same light & water. Could someone please tell me whats wrong

2. What type of soil do you have? Does it have nutes added in it? Have you fertilized yet? What type of light are you using? What is your watering schedule?

3. They look fine. You can't jump at every little problem. They are plants some times they get yellow leaves. As long as they are still getting new growth I wouldn't worry.

4. The soil i have is ready pot soil i bought i did add fertilizer and some nutrients. The lights i am using are florescent tubes, i don’t really have a watering schedule i just water when i think its needed. When i transplanted the plant i did water them.

I have transplanted the plants yesterday so I am a little worried. The leaves with the blotches have started to wither as well. Am I being too paranoid? This is my first grow and really don’t want to mess it up

5. What type of fertilizer are you using (brand and N P K)? Am I right in saying that the yellowing is occurring on the top leaves and not the bottom ones (it is a little hard to tell from the pictures)? The wilting might be from the transplanting. That will get better with time.

6. The yellowing is on the top of the plant, the rest seems to be pretty normal.
    The fertilizer is some local brand in this (non english speaking) country, this is mainly the problem.
    All i know its a all purpose indoor potting soil mix. here is a wider view of the one plant.

Sorry if the pic is too big

[​IMG]

7. Your fertilizer should have macronutrients in it (N)itrogen (P)hosphorous and (K) Potassium. It should also contain micronutrients such as zinc, molybdenum, iron etc. Check the back of the fertilizer box and see if it has these other nutrients. This might be a problem if it is in another language. My guess is that it does not contain these micronutrients and by the look of your picture you have an iron deficiency

8. Ok I translated it from a site o found and this is what I got. I don't see any (N)itrogen (P)hosphorous or (K) Potassium

Potting Soil:
    35% dry mass
    15% organic mass
    salinity? 0.6-1-2 g/l
    pH (H2O) 4.5-5.0
    detention of water 200ml/l
    detention of air 150ml/l

Fertilizer no1:
    nitrogen (n) total 34,4%
    nitrogen (n) nitric 17,2%
    nitrogen (n) ammoniac 17,2%

Fertilizer no2:
    organic substance 65%
    inorganic components 35%
    azoto? 7%
    phosphor 3%
    potassium 4%
    iron 3%
    magnesium 2%
    calcium 2%

9. I say they are fine. If you just transplanted them they are going to have stunted growth for a few day. They look fine as long as they don't get any worse leave them be. Not like I would know what I'm talking about being a botany minor or anything.

10. thanks for your input guys :D

Dorklover664 if they did get worse, what would i need to do?

11. The yellowing on the bottom leaves just looks like a normal plant losing its leaves, which is 100% normal. The top leaves just look lighter green. I wish I had a way to get you a pic of my plants cause they are lots lighter on top like too. Mine are fine. When I first started I worried all the time that just because they were lighter they were going to die. It's normal. If anything I would be worried about the one that looks like its wilting. :hello:Don't give it extra water:hello: . It might just be a little shocked from being transplanted. If they aren't looking better in a week or if they start looking worse worry. And all I would do then is just prune back the leaves that look the unhealthy or yellow. You should be pruning back the yellow leaves an the bottom any ways. They have stopped helping the plant get food from light (no green = no chlorophyll = no help in producing food). You plants will thank you for this because then they don't have to keep feeding a leaf that dose little to no good. The top leaves have yet to fill full with chlorophyll so they are lighter. If they are still getting new growth they are fine.

12. Yeah. I think your fertilizer is ok.

13. Thanks for the help guys, much apprecieted. I will keep a close watch on my babies:)

14. I just got home and this is the condition my plants are in!!!! I quickly repotted in new potting soil with no nutes! Is it too late???? HELP!!!

this is the same plant as the one at the very begining of this thread

[​IMG]

This is the plant that showed first signs of withering

[​IMG]

This is hapening to my other plants as well.

[​IMG]

PLEASE HELP!!!!

15. HIGH All, AAHHHHHHH MAN....shit don't know what to tell you yomomma...what did the roots look like when you repotted?

Edit: I just ask someone to come over and take a look at your poor baby as to I'm at a loss here.

16. To tell you the truth i didnt pay much attention this is my first time im doing this so i ahve nothing to compare it too. The best i can describe it is by saying it was a long, tight clump under the plant, mostly covered by soil (bet that sounded so stoopid).

17. HIGH All, far from stupid Bro....just wondering it if the soil was saturated and the roots weren't getting enough oxygen.

18. ok I took the plant in the image that has wilted and (in the name of science) decided to take a good look at the roots. I ran it under water and felt a lot of clots like in the images most of them where removed in trying to get a better view for the cam

R.I.P. No 5 :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. You have re=planted twice and rinced off the roots, are you insane or stupied? If they were wilting it was because of shock from being transplanted. So to fix it you retransplant (more shock) and then rince the roots under stright water? If they were in shock there would have been nothing you could have done, in which case you did something wrong when transplanting. You've got to stop fucking with the plants. Your not helping them. And frenking out isn't going to help anything. I admit your plants llok bad off but I've said before if it's anthing it's shock. All you can do is pick off the dieing leaves. Also this being the first time I nocied your pots, they are really small. You need a pot at least 12" if not 16" across to grow.

20. I rinsed off the roots on the plant in the picture just to show the roots i didnt rinse the roots on all my plants,i did it because its obviously way past recovery point. I guess im kindda stupid for re-transplanting but i freaked out. The truth is that 2 plants this morning seem to be perking up. the other 2 dont seem to be doing too well. Im no expert but i dont think it was the transplant that caused it. I added the same nutes to an older plant of mine as i did to my young plants in the picture and the results is some wilting as well..