Couple of questions ~ with many pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wxchiga, Oct 26, 2008.

1. #1 wxchiga, Oct 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2008
    Light sets.jpg

This is my light set, and the wattage are marked on the pic.
    Does anyone know about "Infrared quartz light"? Is is good for plants or anything? My purpose for that light is just for heat thou.

Overview.jpg

It's basicly an overview of my growing room. The plants that I have questions on are marked as NO.1-3

NO.1
    NO.1 LST exercise.JPG

First of all, is this a proper way of LST?
    1: it's the spot where it spored from, which is the main root point
    2: it's where I put on the first metal hook
    3: second metal hook
    4: third

NO.2
    NO.2 Fallen leaf.jpg

My cat went through my bush one day and made many leaf sterms bend, so I just simply cut it off, since it's totally off the hook...

SO MY QUESTION IS: Is it still gonna produce new sterms from the point where the older leaves broke off? like this one below?
    NO.3 healthy.jpg

This one of my girls is good looking is it? ha ha, she is my healthiest one~~~

NO.3
    Damaged top.jpg

My last question is that this one of my plant had lost her "head"...... brutality bit down by my cat... is she gonna grow side ways???...... poor plant.......

ONE MORE THING FOR YOU GUYS TO LOOK AT AND GIVE ME SOME COMMENT ON IT

I've send a thread before about cheap seeds which I brought from some market for a cheap price, and it turned out like this, which looks exactly the same as my actual THC producing hemp seeds germinating... I think it's cannabis, don't you guys think so?

Hamp for rope.jpg

I'm just gonna grow them like this and see how they turn out at last, if they die than I don't even care~~~

2. Did you paint your green 85 watt CFL with slime or something? Haha.

LST question one: Yes that is the proper way to start it, not sure what number one is pointing at though. Doesn't look like the sproat point.

Question number two and three:
    Some plants, when I have cloned them, will produce another branch out of the spot that I have cut from, however, some will not.

Keep your cat out of your grow room! Haha, fucking cat.

Btw, I wish all questions were asked with this much info.

3. ha ha dude

I used half the bottle of that spraying white paint, but shit turn out like this, the paint flows man... It was a big sprite bottle, and I cut it down and paint it white to make it a lamp shade... but it still turn out green... I'll change it once I finished another 4litre coke.

About the cat problem, I took her up by hand, moved her into my growing room smack her up, move her out gently massage her, and repeat this process several times. Now she just quickly run through my growing room every time she pass by~

4. #5 OldSkool1010, Oct 26, 2008
    You will get MUCH better light output if you remove the bottles. Try to find a way to position your lamps horizontally above the plants. Infra-red is not used for plant growth, but if you need the heat it can't hurt...unless you burn the plants with it. The mauled plant that your cat ate should be very bushy. If the plant survived the decapitation it should produce two main shoots.

As for the cheap seeds... some countries allow the sale of hemp seed. While hemp is in the same genus as cannabis it does not produce enough THC to be psychoactive. It is similar to Sweet Corn grown for the table and Field Corn grown for meal or feed. They look alike but there is a noticeable difference in the product.

5. i agree with previous post... Use wire hangers they work great for making lights hand sideways instead of vert. You can run the hanger up through the middle and bend it back to secure the light.. try it out and let us know how she works!

6. Should I keep these lamp shades than? or should I change my other 2 to this

DSC00674.jpg
    DSC00675.jpg

7. IMO you should remove all of the reflectors and put the lights parallel to the plants. Those type lamps put out most of their energy along the sides of the tubes. You can make a reflector out of gutter or cans or vent tubes or many other things but the key is to position the light sideways.

[​IMG]

8. The other person who posted recommended supporting the free end with wire. Like a bent clothes hanger maybe. These are still the small spiral lamps but something like this reflector would allow you to use a suport on the end of the bulbs.

[​IMG]

9. wire hangers huh?! I think I've got some ideas...

10. #11 wxchiga, Oct 26, 2008
    Hmm, I'll head to the hardware store tomorrow for some wires... and maybe some sheet iron...

I'll make some report once improvement has been made