Couple of questions in flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LetGo, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Pretty stoked about my first grow, but the anticipation is killing me.

Its day 24 in flowering, looking pretty nice white hairs. I have 3 plants growing and thank God, although they took some rough spots they are all 3 alive and flowering. Clones looking strong too for my next grow :) Down grading to 2 plants probably though through DWC system, using ffof soil now.

Anywho, questions.
    I know you stop feeding plants 1-2 weeks before harvest, but what about water? in order to dry bud quicker?

I have also heard to maximize thc crystals, the last 1-2 weeks cut light from 12o/12off to 8o/16off or NO LIGHT at all? Don't know if I read that right, I saw it on a website refering to white widow strain.
    And about how much longer? I know its hard to know without pics

I am growing 2x widow bomb and 1x cheese candy, never had either from what I know of but I am stoked. Took 4 clones, threw one away because wifey wont let me have more than 2 (trying to talk her to three) plants. Thus making my switch to dwc in hopes for a faster veg.

2. if you cut off water, dont cut it off until its literally a few days before chopping. For the flush cut off nutes earlier (you need the water to flush the soil anyway)

ive tried no light for the last 48 hours, and light until the end... i didnt really notice all much difference.

3. so 2 weeks for food, like 3-5 days water?

4. why does the wife care how many you have?:confused:

5. My wife was the same way buddy. In California I can legally have 6 plants and at first she only wanted me to have 2. It took her uncle and dad to convince her to let me have my other 4. Now that she sees how great this it she agreed to let me get a grower's license here where I can have 99 plants. Just give it time and let her see the fruits of your labor. She will come to appreciate your new hobby and eventually let you invest more into. One step at a time with women lol

6. Help me out here. I'm still not getting it,if you can posses 4 legally I don't understand why she would care if you had only 1 or all 4 except that 4 would be better for you as a patient ie: not running out of meds, having daytime meds and stronger for nighttime. There must be something I am missing here. :confused:

7. The thing you are missing, which I forgot to mention.....even in states where medical marijuana is legal people have been getting fucked by the law. Especially federally. Now of course that doesn't happen all the time, but because we have a 3 year old daughter my wife is terrified of anything happening to our family.

8. [quote name='"corpsgrunt"']The thing you are missing, which I forgot to mention.....even in states where medical marijuana is legal people have been getting fucked by the law. Especially federally. Now of course that doesn't happen all the time, but because we have a 3 year old daughter my wife is terrified of anything happening to our family.[/quote]

The Feds don't mess with patients that stay within their recommended limits. Fact.

If you are growing over your limit or are known to be selling in large quantities you MIGHT attract the attention of the Feds. But it is almost impossible to get their attention with just 4 plants.

I have children to. Just make sure you smoke outdoors, not in with the children, and put a fence around the grow with a lock on the gate. Do those things and you should have no problems. I've had the police come and check my grow. Everything was fine and they haven't bothered me since.

9. I've seen a few articles of people getting fucked with even though they had a license on the NORML website, but there probably is a back story to it that I don't know.

I know I'm completely safe and I wouldn't be afraid if the cops knew I was growing. Because of my PTSD I can't work and I smoke about an ounce a week just to keep me balanced and not sick. It's all personal. Even though I only have my 6 plants now I'm getting my 99 plant license soon and my wife is getting me a grow tent so I can get out of the closet and use the entire room (it's a spare room so it's always locked and the only thing it has in it are my plants.) The VA says I can work for myself, but working for a company would trigger my PTSD symptoms worse and I would relapse back to where I started before treatment so the plan is to start a larger scale grow op and have a contract with my local dispensary.

10. Question though.....if you don't mind could you tell me the details of why the cops checked your grow? Routine checks on medical card holders? Neighbor complaint? I'm in SoCal so this information would be very beneficial to me.

11. Do you know what led the police to come and check on you? Does LE have access to the patient data base? Here in MI they don't at this time but we have a nazi AG that is working hard to change it.:eek: