couple of questions about the silver surfer

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by happy tom, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Hey,

I have the silver surfer, and I dont like so much that I need to drag so hard to get a decent hit, as im dragging the smoke really deep into my lungs, and that is not ideal from a health perspective (im diabetic so I need to take care).
    Is this the case with all vaporizers?
    Also, should all the pot end up like brown? only the top if it gets brown, or black when I drag hard to get a nice hit. I think im wasting some of the pot that is on the bottom, how much pot should I really have in it?

Thanks

2. Nb4 vape heads

3. Sounds like you need to either take some rips on high heat with nothing in the whip. Hope to clean out some gunk.

Or. Clean your whip and replace screen.

4. Thanks !

But wtf does that mean?! Is that english :p

Im gonna rip my gunk and whip on high !

5. When inhaling vapor deeper in the lungs, it has been said it is more efficient in processing the chemicals when you deeply inhale, not necessarily the time held in.

In short, you will get more high from inhaling deeper and exhaling sooner than if you were to inhale more shallow and holding it for longer.

It's much better than inhaling smoke for long periods;)

6. You shouldn't need to be pulling so hard to get a hit with the surfer. In the glass piece which you pack your herb into (the wand) there is a screen. Have you ever cleaned that or replaced it? I have to replace mine every couple weeks because it accumulates so much residue.

Secondly, your herb certainly shouldn't be getting black. What setting do you turn the knob too? Are you turning it all the way up? If so, that's another issue. You should also be stirring your herb after every hit or so. That way you won't have one area continuously getting blasted with the heat.

The slower the inhalation you take, the bigger and faster you should get a hit as well. If your pulling really hard to get a hit, the air you're inhaling isn't staying within the heat chamber so it's taking longer to produce vapor.