Couple of noob questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Myros, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Hi all, figured this would be a good place to get started [​IMG]

Here's my questions:

1. How many times can you chain cuttings ie seed -> plant -> take cutting -> grow plant -> new cutting -> grow plant etc
    Just wondering if you keep taking cuttings and using them to grow does a plant line eventualy become unusable and you need to start a fresh strain from seeds.
    I dont have room for a seperate 'mother' plant and cant afford to buy seeds much so can I keep an endless line of cuttings going?

2. What do you recommend some options to safely get rid of plant trimmings and male plants to discard? Want to protect from prying eyes and noses of neighbors and garbage men etc I dont have a garden so no compost heaps etc any ideas?

That should be enough to get started, thanks all.

Myros

2. 1.If you are referring to clones there is no end to it if u do it right u could be cloning the same plant for 10 years (Multiple times of course) . But to make clones live and be new strong plants is the tricky part . It will probably Take some test goes at it.

2. Just throw all the trimmings and such in a big black bag with the rest of the trash. Nobody will try to open it , just make sure to put some normal trash on top/around just in case it does come open

3. Ive had my chemd, indiana bubblegum and snowdawg for 5 years..

We dont keep moms..

Clone, veg, clone, bloom... Never stops..

4. Start a worm bin. They won't take a LOT of material, but I'll bury whatever I trim off my plants from lollipopping or dead leaves, and your wormcastings will be better than anything store-bought.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/334921-vermicomposting-make-your-own-worm-castings.html

5. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

6. Another option if you're paranoid about what goes into the trash is cut up the material small enough to be nuked in the garbage disposal under your sink - just do it in small amounts so you don't risk a clog and the paranoia of getting a plumber with a cop for a brother in law lolz. Or cut up and nuke in a food processor if you have one and throw it away or down the disposal or flush it, or just plain cut it up into little bits and toss it in the trash. Best thing to do is to recycle it if you can but I know that's not always practical. The thing to remember is it's cool to be careful and be smart about it but pulped up green matter in the trash isn't going to throw up any big, red flags and even if it did, it's not like it's a reasonable fear that the green matter is going to be somehow traced back to wherever it came from. Note - avoid having with it in the trash any receipts or paperwork that could somehow be traced back to you (like your name or address).

7. The first thing to do with good trim is make hash or cannabutter. After that I keep a seperate trash bag that I make sure not to put anything in that my have names, addresses, or anything else identifying. Any other normal garbage is fine. I chop up the stems trim and all, put it in a couple of Walmart bags and throw it in my "clean" bag and discard with the rest of the trash. Chances of the bag busting and someone seeing the trim are slim to none. However should it happen I would rather not have my power bill or bank statement fall out with a bunch of trim.

8. Also, and this is just an FYI, if you happen to be married your wife may not be too happy should you burn up the motor in her new blender because you got stems lodged in the blades. Ask me how I know :)