Couple of Noob Q's, Pics Attached

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by a2noober, Oct 17, 2007.

1. First time grower here with a pretty basic setup. I don't have a ton of time to spend on but so far so good.

The details –

Two 40w florescent tubes placed above the plant always about 4-7 from the top.

MG potting soil, which I now know wasn't a good idea.

Bag seed from a really solid batch.

7 weeks in.

Now, my questions…

1. According to the pic provided, does the size of the pot look suitable for the plant? It's never been transplanted, and is also a little off center.

2. It's been growing steady the entire time, but now there isn't any more leaf growth out of the top, and it's all from the bottom and middle sections of the plant. Trouble is, these new leaves seem a little droopy as seen in the pics. They also don't seem to be growing as fast as it was. I've been pretty conservative with water, only watering every 2-3 days and using the finger feel method, so I don't think I'm over-watering, but who knows.

Are they just not getting any light because of the huge fan leaves? I'm more than willing to buy additional lighting (has to be flor though because of heat issues). Do I need to make sure I'm hitting with light from all angles?

3. It's about 3ft tall right now, and I'd like to keep it under 4 if possible. What can I do at this point in the process?

Hopefully the pics help and someone can provide some insight. I've been a lurker up until now. Seems like a great community.

Attached Files:

2. I found fast that if you don't take time to read thru all the great info on this site people aren't to willing to help people who won't take the time to read the info. My guess on your situation would be to transplant to a bigger pot and hopefully it can recover and continue to grow taller:)

3. Sounds to me that she/he is trying to flower.That looks like a 4gallon black planters pot.My girls are in those same pots.At 3ft now you are looking at 5 maybe 6 foot flowering.I let mine get to be monsters too.:smoke:.If you are still running tubes then you need to get out and get some cfl(swirlies) before they stretch more.I would reccomend you go to home depot get some three way or 2 way sockets.At wally world or the local grocery(Or the hardware store) and look for the energy efficient swirlie cfl bulbs rated around 2500.I know wally world has the big 48 watters too.These are low heat compared to HIDs and you can use flexible desk lamps for getting under the leaves.But yeah its time for you to flower.Look forward to another 7 weeks of different issues.Wheeeeeeeeeeee;)