Couple of basic questions relating to my grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xadzz, May 15, 2020.

1. Hello all, about 3 days ago I planted ungerminated auto feminized seeds which I soaked for 12 hours in a shotglass till they sank to the bottom. The medium is composed of organic high quality soil, worm casings or worm humus, and rice husks. I've been misting the pots at least once a day to make sure they are moist. They are currently indoors and have not sprouted anything yet. My question is, I have them covered with saran wrap to up the humidity and keep warmer temperatures. I live in a high altitude area so it gets pretty chilly at night, do you guys recommend I keep the saran wrap on or remove it? its been on for about a day.

2. No IMO no....as you have soaked the seeds water, is already inside the seed
    you are waiting for the water to stimulate the cells and ...grow

removing from the jar once sunk to a damp napkin
    will ensure that you will know they have germed

likewize with inserting to soil at this stage
    but often they get lost in the pot

currently you are risking getting 'Dampen Off' a fatel fungal infection

good luck

ps leave a temp gauge close by ..IMO

3. Alright yeah ive researched and there is no clear benefit from doing this so I have removed the plastic, is there a way to know how damp my soil should be? I usually keep it at a point where it feels moist and fresh but there is no real wetness so to speak, is this good? When can I expect the seeds to sprout?