couple noobie questions, help please!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newgrowth420, Jun 10, 2011.

1. hi, i am a first time grower and just have a few questions.

can i use mix miracle grow in with my water?

how old should a plant be before you use nutes?

how can i keep deer out easy(no fences)?

how do i protect from bugs and shit?

how do i protect from snails? didnt think this would be a problem but today one of my plants was completly gone and there was a snail stuck down where the plant was...

when do i trim?
    where do i trim?
    why do i trim?
    do i even trim?

thanks!

2. 1. Yeah you could. Its not ideal but try to get miracle grow that doesn't have time release fertilizers...that + nutes = burn.
    2. I'd say at least 2 weeks old.
    3. I have no idea because I grow indoors.
    4. You can spray ORGANIC foliage sprays to keep bugs away up until you induce flowering. Don't spray while you flower unless you absolutely HAVE to...
    5. Snails? Put salt all around your plant so snails/slugs don't get to it?
    6. I suggest trimming the plant once you harvest. Just cut the leaves so its all bud and not so much leaf/stem.
    7. You clip the stalk and trim off leaves close to the bud as possible so its free of leaf.
    8. You trim so you have nice clean buds...
    9. Yes it would help, you don't HAVE to but it makes it alot easier to smoke and what not. You can even extract the trichs from the trimmings and make edibles or hash. :)

3. thanks for all the help man and i would have never thought of this ^^ although it seems like a great idea, ill let u know how it works out