Couple "New"-Ish Questions.

Discussion in 'General' started by IWubMarijuana, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Hey, what's up all.

Not sure about internet... safety. So I'm just gonna say I'm an 18 year old male, from california (south bay area)

I've got a couple questions on techniques and usage, and this looks like the place to put em. (I think... o_O)

1. Pipe V Bubbler V Bong

I've smoked from all three.

Anyway, The pipe (was a small one with not a long neck) -- I found to be a little hard to smoke. [Though the portability of this tiny little thing was priceless] The smoke was really hot coming in, and I couldn't do a really big hit because it ended up burning my throat. (Ow:eek:)

The bubbler was most comparable to this one here

[​IMG]

Only the neck doesn't come up at such a big angle.

This one I found to be OKAY. Using gatorade was an interesting experience... but I seemed to cough a lot. The only stuff I smoked with it was some other stuff I had gotten from another friend, so I think it might've just been harsher materials.

BONG:

These seem to be the choice of everyone who can get them [though they're low on the portability / hideability scale] -- But I have a question regarding them:

People rave over bongs like this one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=qsg9i05PIrc

Now, from what I understand, the purpose of a multi-perc is to

A: Help cool the smoke and
    B: Help "filter" it.

Thing is, with the bong, after a bit of hits the water's turned a little greenish, and has a smell to it. By "filtering" it more, is it taking THC out of the smoke, making it less potent? Or... what's going on there? I've heard some people say they don't use water in bongs because they want ALL the thc from the stuff, not only a portion of it.

If that's the case, and I wanted to avoid using water to "Water it Down" -- What's public opinion here about using ice in the neck of a bong to help cool the hit? I know getting a decent ice bong can be expensive, but so is burning through half a bowl and coughing the hit out before you really absorb it. :(

I've been smoking for a while (Since 15.. heh...) but I'm still finding myself to be really .. NEW to it. I took a bit of a break while I was 16-17, and getting back in to it now. [Never really stopped, but slowed down.]

Any recommendations? Happy to hear them! :D

Also, I've been thinking of ways to "stash" my goods without detection. So far I've got it tripple baggie'd, inside a gatorade bottle, wrapped with dryer sheets, inside two gallon size ziploc bags, inside a box, and it SEEMS to be staying really smell-free. [Bought a $150 set, so I had to make sure it was WELL covered up] But dragging around this huge contraption of a hiding device is going to be difficult. Any ideas here would be particularly helpful, infact, anything in the "Remaining Stealth" category, not just hiding it, would be great!

Thanks for the info and insights, and I'll be having a toke to everyone who responds tonight. :smoke:

2. short answer

no youre not loosing thc

because thc isnt soluble in water

the water turns colour because of the resin

best stash = sealed jar

3. THC is actually slightly water soluble, so you are losing some THC, but not nearly enough to make me even think about drinking bong water. :D

[​IMG]

4. :D Cool, thanks for the info.

The stash is the biggest problem, you know. $150 worth of weed smells... like $150 worth of weed. :eek:

5. Double vacuum seal it and pack it all up.

But then you can't get to it easily.

Plug in an air freshener like the Febreeze one that plugs in the wall. Should take smell out.

6. Wouldn't the vacuum sealing crush the buds?! :eek:

7. Uh yeah a bit but does it matter? You gotta break apart the bud to smoke anyways. :)

8. i love the way a big huge bud looks.

9. for real,

Jar that shit up dude keep the buds as beautiful let it fester in an airtight jat instead of a sack just leave the lid open for 10 mins or so a day, i open my dank jar and leave it open until im done smoking and the last of my dank always seems to have a completley different smell and taste, i guess its like putting an extra or personal cure to it.

10. Hmm, that sounds great. :D

I found this little jar out in the garage; it's one of those slim ones that you get cocktail olives in. Works perfect, and is a lot better than a gatorade bottle, size wise and seal wise. Screwing a dryer sheet in under the cap has made it pretty much smell proofed!:hello: