Couple Issues!!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Myxin, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Finally got some wire and velcro and was lsting and found some spots. Any ideas? Growing in fully organic soil using clack style, no nutes, water only through swick. Girl is in a 3g pot now about 5 inches from 4 60w LEDs. Wondering if my lights are too close. I'm growing in a space bucket with only 1.spacer at the moment. :eek:

2. Maybe ph fluctuation?

3. Maybe it's overwatering due to the swick?

But what do I really know?

4. Could be. My next soil batch I'm going to add even more aeration. Right now I've got 1/3 perlite and then another 30% rice hulls but don't think those are helping much. I'm going to let the res dry out before refilling for a couple days

5. Your "soil" is over 60% aeration and you want to add more?

Why don't you just make a standard Coots mix and water it by hand like everyone else?

Keep it simple.

Good luck.

RD

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Actually, what I meant was replace the rice hulls with something else. I just like the idea of the swick keeping everything evenly moist

7. idk this doesnt look like overwater to me..
    what exactly did you put in your soil? did you let it cycle?

8. I got 1 part Peat, 1 part perlite, 1 part mixture of leaf compost and castings. Compost was bagged and castings were local find. Dried out but was told they were still good to use. To that I added the amendments and minerals that come with the buildasoil Coots mix. To that I added some mbp and some rice hulls for extra aeration. This cooked for about 3 weeks.

9. Does the BAS amendment mix include lime, or did you add any?

• Like Like x 1
  10. This looks like a compost issue to me or at least it looks similar to what I've seen in the past from immature compost.

Was this leaf mold used actually very well broken down?

J

• Like Like x 1
  11. It uses oyster shell as the liming agent. I didn't add anything else. The problem I have with the kit is... Not sure of the exact ratios of whats in the mixes. In the beginning it sounded like a great deal, but lots of uncertainty.

12. Unfortunately it was a bagged compost. It did look pretty well broken down but for the quality, I'm not sure. I did use half castings and half leaf compost, but like I mentioned, the castings were dry when I got them so I don't know if that effects quality. All I can find around here is bagged compost. Recently I did find some mushroom compost but I don't know how much better that'd be. I really need a worm bin of my own!

13. While researching this I came across something interesting. The product I use was called leafgro. Apparently it's produced by the state of Maryland recycling and compost programs. Their lab analysis says their CN ratio is 23. A bit high no?

14. You can probably obtain WormPower castings or Coast of Maine compost in your area. Both are a tried and true humus source.

Repeat what you've done except replace the compost. Don't use mushroom compost from Lowes or HD.

If your plant grows fine after making this switch, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about overwatering and your swick.

Let us know how it goes.

RD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. @Myxin i attempted to use this exact product on my first, first run and I consistently ran into issues as well. The problem that I see with a product like leafgro is it is a municipal compost with no checks and balances on where they source their materials from, basically anyone can come and dump their food scraps and yard waste to compost into an "organic" compost.

I ended up scrapping that soil mix and started from scratch using Bu's Biodynamic Compost. It's definitely more expensive but the quality is off the charts for bagged compost. They also are Demeter certified, which is one of the hardest certifications to achieve due to strict quality control standards. Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wow thanks for the info! Glad to know it's not just me!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm no expert by any means but that was literally the only change I made to my mix and I went from deficiencies galore to beautiful,vibrant, healthy plants

18. Very frustrating. The beginning of my grow was quick and explosive healthy growth. Now she's sick and barely growing!

19. Looks like it could be some sort of magnesium deficiency but again I'm no expert.

20. I can get coast of Maine lobster compost shipped free to true value for 10.99! Thats the good stuff right?