Counterpoint festival Atlanta GA

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by frogsaver, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Counterpoint starts today anyone from the city going?

2. oh wow, i should totaly go. im off right now and have money and fun party items.

fuuuuuckkkkkkk
    imnot even that far away!!!!

3. [quote name='"KiefSweat"']oh wow, i should totaly go. im off right now and have money and fun party items.

fuuuuuckkkkkkk
    imnot even that far away!!!![/quote]

Fucking go!!

4. I was supposed to but my ride bailed; I got a ticket for $100 too; fml.

5. I couldn't find anyone to go with me so I just never got a ticket but it looks pretty sick from the videos ive seen from Thursday night

6. If it wasn't ALL DUBSTEP and HOUSE i might have gone. I didn't see one big name DNB artist. WHAT A CROCK!!! The state of US EDM is a sad state indeed.

7. greatest weekend of my life. feedme, bassnectar, avicci, and pretty lights all fucking killed it. def goin back next year, great vibes all around, chill staff, and good music.

8. they get LTJ, High Contrast, or someone worth my money i would have gone. Don't like any of those DJ's.

9. I went and had a decent time. Wayyy too much dubstep/bass music for my taste, and the crowd was kind of wack. Highlights for me were Up Until Now w/ Murph, everyone in the Fool's Gold tent (Nick Catchdubs, Oliver $, Treasure Fingers, and A Trak), Atmosphere, and Laidback Luke. Definitely needed some DNB artists, but the organizers definitely targeted the bass music crowd. Overall, I don't know if I'd go again, bass music/dubstep isn't really my scene and the crowd generally sucked.

10. Did any of you go to excision af the tabernacle last year? Best show of my life
    I wish went dubstep is all about gettin fucked up and gettin with chicks

11. Dubstep is definitely spun music.

It is a cool scene to dip your toes in but overall I prefer a live band.

12. A bunch of my friends and I were going to go but just didn't have the money. I would've loved to see that killer lineup though. Being Atlanta, I figured there would've been lots of dnb artists.. I guess not..

One of my friends still went and he said it was pretty crazy.

13. was not a one DNB artist on the list... i looked.

14. It was the craziest fest I've been to out of bonaroo and gNarnia, shit was crazy and the security was laid back as fuck.

peeps doin literally every unmentionable you could name in the open with no hate. still curious to if there were any casualties.

I saw some people get pretty fucked up

15. #15 Turtle, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
    As a member of that awesome crowd, I'm a little offended, can't lie lol. Nothing but good vibes at this fest. Every artists that I heard killed it and everyone I talked to was cool.

Yeah, security was really relaxed. I took Molly right in front of a cop (not a security guy, an actual cop) without realizing. It was a perfect TV moment, right as I popped it we made eye contact, lol. I just walked away.