Counter Strike

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Highbinder, May 21, 2008.

1. Oh yes. CS. So who plays it? None of this shitty CS:S, I'ma talkin' old school counterstrike! 1.6, baby!

Hit me up on steam guys, my ID is highbinder901 (ithink), my regular haunt is 81.19.219.52:27015 its a UK server but the regulars are a great bunch of guys (opposed to your usual immature hacking scum) so you're always going to get a good game.

2. I wouldn't mind getting back on, but I usually play team fortress..

3. How can you say CS:S is shitty? Its the same damned game as CS but with a better engine.

Anyways, I played CS for the longest time, probably 6 years and then when CS:S came out I probably played that for another 2. Have not played it since though but it is damned enjoyable if you find a good server. I play a lot of Team Fortress 2 these days and every once in awhile I log onto CoD4 (I was the biggest online CoD 1 junkie of all time back in the day)

4. Because by changing the engine its NOT the same. The only thing the same about it is the exterior. Apart from looking prettier its got shit on the original :)

I used to play when I was younger, hadn't played in a good few years than I thought what the hell why not! Its still a great game :)

5. Source sucks ass, its mad easy to get head shots all day... and i mean all day, its too easy. 1.6 is the only place where you can get good comp.

budweiser555 is my steam id, havent played in forever but its all good still nasty.

6. Lol, Source ftw, but I love 1.6 too, I just havn't had a chance to play it in years.

I've been staying off CS for a few weeks aside from an hour here and there, my computer is a bit fucked up, but within a month or two I'll probably be back to 4+ hours a night o_O

7. ^and I'll probably be getting my ass kicked by you.

fucking ace with that scout, man.
    you piss me off haha.

8. I've been a cs lover for quite sometime, i started playing 1.5 old school. Started to love it and ever since like 6 years ago ive played cs. Source i agree is shit, everything is wrong and its way to easy. My new favorite on 1.6 is playing soccerjam. that shit is so competitive and team involved when you get all high. i usually play goalie, and i tell you that that is the greatest counter strike based thing ever.

9. Now if you guys every really want to play a game we can hit up Battlefield 2142. I tell you with complete arrogance towards every-else that i am the best ever to play that game. My favorite online fight ever!!!

Player name is: Prevwon

Yes! like the BETTER swollen member

10. I never got down on counter strike for the PC. I played in on the xbox for a year or two.

11. Ok, for one. 1.6 is a great game and I loved it to death for like 5-6 years...

Then source came out... I hated it... it was "Too easy". Time has passed and I started playing it again... CS:S isn't a bad game at all it may be better than 1.6, its like a mix between 1.3/1.5.

Although If I had to pick any cs to come back and be the top competitive game it'd be 1.3 it was the best haha...

But CS:S isnt "too easy" its the players skill... its just a slightly different game than 1.6.

Because its easy to get headshots (bigger hitboxes) does that just mean it takes more skill to have a better reflex and more precise aim to out dink someone?

I think so.

12. People still play Counter Strike?
    Honestly?
    I really thought COD4 wiped it off the online FPS gaming scene.

13. Tell me what is so different from CS:S and the original. The maps are all the same, the weapons are all balanced the same, they all shoot the same... Aint nothing different besides better graphics. Played them both for years and could not ever tell you a major change in play style.

14. maybe on xbox 360 or PS3. Valve software is very much alive and being played extensively :wave:

15. I feel you, I loved CS1.6 but its old as shit, Id rather play TF2 on the PC or COD4 on my 360, I loved CS1.6 BTW, I would put it down as one of my alltime favorite games. To bad I don't have enough time to play games that much anymore.

16. CS 1.6 has much smaller hitboxes (areas of a player model that you have to aim for to register a hit)

1.6 allows you to shoot through a lot more walls

CS Source's recoil is a lot easier to handle, 1.6 takes a lot more skill to shoot tight groups.

There's also a lot more people who have "stuck" with 1.6 when CS:S came out and are pretty experienced players. CS 1.6 players tend to take the game a lot more seriously than CS Source players, who tend to be more of the occasional type players.

17. my computer crashed so i can't really play any games on it :(

when i played, it was all about the 1.6 woo. i never tried cs:s but i heard it wasn't that great anyway.

god i haven't played in so long lol. i remember all those d2 raids and shit.

18. I still like to play a little CS every now and then. I only ever play 1.6 now, I tried the whole CS:S thing but wasn't impressed at all....the game felt too different for me and I much prefer playing 1.6.....if I could I'd go back to 1.3 just so I could bunnyhop again

19. #19 Floydian, Jun 3, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019

20. #20 Floydian, Jun 3, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019