Countdown to Canadian Leglalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by hibodharma, Mar 16, 2017.

1. #1 hibodharma, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    This thread is for the upcoming nationwide legalization of cannabis in Canada, promised by the government last year to occur on April 20th, 2017

36 days remain! Will it be legal on 4/20 or will the wait be longer? Discuss and find out here!

[​IMG]

2. personally not holding my breath

• Like Like x 1
  3. I hope this happens but I can see it taking longer. They want their monopoly on Cannabis to be perfect.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Picked up some Cannatonic today- $30 for 4 grams
    It's 20% CBD 3% THC for pain. Will make upcoming surgery going to go much smoother :smoke:

[​IMG]

5. The new date being thrown around in an article was January 1, 2018

6. Bet they make an excuse.

• Like Like x 2
  7. What article? link it

8. Read a Globe and Mail article the other day that said legalization will, "unfold over the next two years."

"Blair declined to comment on whether the regulations could be finalized by 2018 -- an expected election year in Ontario, home to Canopy and other companies -- or 2019, when the next federal election is scheduled."

Marijuana stocks drop as Trudeau’s pot czar says Canada won’t rush into legalization

My father put it best- ''the Liberals used this issue to get elected, and will use it to get re-elected. ''

9. I recently read that the legislation will not be revealed until early summer, according to something Trudeau said. You can be damn sure it won't be effective immediately on a federal level, let alone provincial and then municipal level. All these greedy, self serving, bloodsucking parasites waiting to feed on the populace give me an intense feeling of dread, rather than eager anticipation that others may feel. I'd love to be wrong, but the knot in my guts says otherwise. :(

10. Just like with America. Canada's big pharma has a stranglehold and will not let go so easily.

• Like Like x 1