Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Countdown to Amsterdam!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ScottishStoner, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Hey there, I made a thread a few weeks ago telling everyone I was going to Amsterdam with a couple of friends. Well that's everything finally sorted (apart from me still waiting for my passport) flights are booked and paid for, and we got accomodation sorted this morning. We decided to go for a private apartment for the 3 of us rather than a hotel or hostel, although we did very nearly book a hostel due to the atmosphere etc but decided the apartment with a balcony to smoke on would be even sweeter!! Anyways apart from me just being overly excited for this I made this post to see if:

1. Any of you guys will be there when we are (8th-14th May)
    2. If anyone here has been recently and how they found the bud, quality,value,price?
    3. If anyone has reccomondations for things to do besides just coffeeshops

2. It is my understanding that as of January 1, 2012 only Dutch citizens are allowed to buy and smoke in the coffee shops and that they are now to be considered clubs with limited membership. Maybe this never went into effect. I hope not for your sake.

Dutch cannabis coffee shops will have to ban tourists from January 1 after new ruling | Mail Online

http://globalgrind.com/news-politics/amsterdam-ends-going-green-snuffs-drug-tourism-photos

News Headlines

I hope these articles are wrong. Have you heard something different?

3. i wont but have fun dude

4. Thought that shit was illegal now?

Have fun either way.

5. Earliest the ban will come into effect in Amsterdam is January 1st 2013, and I'm pretty sure they're fighting that because it'll cripple their tourism.

6. [quote name='"Numbnuts"']Earliest the ban will come into effect in Amsterdam is January 1st 2013, and I'm pretty sure they're fighting that because it'll cripple their tourism.[/quote]

I read it was effective pretty soon, and by jan 2013 the shops could only have 2000 members each?

7. STFU about tourists ban, it's not true.

Have fun OP :smoke:

8. Forgive us for relying on reliable sources.

Next time we will just assume.

9. I also heard this about the ban coming in Jan 2012 but have since spoken to 2 people who live in Amsterdam on other forums and they assure me it hasn't come into action yet. Also spoke to a friends friend who was there in March this year and he had no problems

10. haha i beat you pearl :)

11. Time stamps are the same so nya nya! :p

12. Damn, that sucks for him if he can't buy from coffee shops.

13. my post is first nananana boo boooooooo

14. The new rules will apply from 1 May 2012 in the provinces of Zeeland, North Brabant and Limburg.
    They will apply everywhere in the Netherlands from 1 January 2013.

Doesn't this mean it will come into effect fpr Amsterdam (and the rest of Holland) aside from Zeeland,North Brabant and Limburg??

15. Not sure why it's a big deal. I'd hope you are traveling for the culture and sight seeing, not just to buy something you can get at home.

16. hahaha, you believe that shit. Those rules only count for a very small amount of coffeeshops in the south of The Netherlands. And Amsterdam is in the west part of The Netherlands. So this regulation doesn't affect the coffeeshops in Amsterdam.

So next time, check your facts first :cool:

17. #19 SIRSOG, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012

Um, can you prove that?

Everything i have read says "dutch" coffee shops, not select few coffee shops

Show your facts, before you dispute the ones that everyone besides you seems to understand, because i wont say you are wrong... but i havent seen anything that specifies that so far.

18. Just looked up the 3 places they have banned selling in coffeshops, none of which are in Amsterdam so I'm good! :)