Could you water/fertilise a guerilla grow with a river?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Mcdj37, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Ive found a perfect grow spot right by a stream, if I walk in the stream I can put my plant in a place impossible to get to without using the river. I was thinking of putting my plant in a 5 gallon pot, then placing the pot in the water (its only 2 inches deep) and maybe the water will we the bottom of the soil and the soil will soak it up. If this works, I could tip horse shit or other fertiliser into the water upstream from my plant, so that the nutrients go into the water.

Will this work? And why?

2. you know I've never tried it but theoretically I don't think it's a great idea because unless that part of the river has a good dry/wet cycle the roots will constantly be emerged in water, which isn't good over time. And then the idea of dumping horse shit and fertilizer in the river water isn't environmentally friendly.

3. This is a really bad idea. Don't do it. Near a river is one thing, but expecting it to do all your watering and fertilizing for you is wishful thinking for what will turn out as a half-ass job. 

4. Rite and I was going to say never grow by a river, it's just to easy to follow the river right to your plot...  but you said it'd be extremely hard to get to so I let it go and focused on your plans to dump shit in the river and let it fertilize your plant.. in theory sounds great buuuut iuno about that 1. LLS. You are creative because I've never heard that before.

5. #5 Greenman n, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
    [​IMG]
    they way to do that is a floating garden.. i think th msyans did it. I think a inflatable raft cut out bottom replace wiith garden fabric snd fill with medium. Use organics and all is good.

6. #6 killset, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
    2" of water today may be 2' of water tomorrow......bye bye grow site. Polluting the stream with horse shit bad idea. Livestock run off has polluted a lot of streams around here, don't add to it.

This looks like about the most desperate way to get your garden found out that I've ever seen. Except maybe for planting on a golf course.

8. Stay out of the fuckin creeks and rivers

9. That looks cool but a bit pointless lol

10. Not quite pointless. The reason the Mayans did this was to be able to better defend the gardens from enemies. But it also prove beneficial defending from pest ect. If you grow in a swampy area i could see making a raft within a stand of bull rushes. Im pretty sure if done in organic supersoil that any environmental impact would be minimal if not beneficial. I got a spot that i might experiment on this. Im thinkin mow an inner tube like for tubing a grow bag that when filled with super soil doesn't quite touch the water line and an auto. Hide that in a safe swamp or little bay off a river or little creek. Probably mre trouble than its worth ...but as this is a hobby ....meh

11. Don't pollute the rivers and creeks. Not is it not a good idea it will also kill the fish and wildlife that use the strewn for water, not to mention the damage to other plants and people downstream.

12. You might rot ur roots if u try that. Ive heard river water ( like a flowing river with aquatic life and otters n shit) is really good to use for watering plants but i dont think a small creek would be quite the same just thinking about it. I do know you get out what u put in so dont be lazy bout things unless you want lazy results

13. If it doesn't come from a creek it shouldn't be left in a creek. Don't be leaving inner tubes and crap too be washed away. Whatever binding you use could entangle wildlife. What happens when the water rises? Storm hits? Flips your floating island? Growing weed as a hobby shouldn't damage our environment.