Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Could you quit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by andtheyalllaugh, Sep 21, 2009.

1. After realizing that I smoke pot most days and think about it constantly it occurred to that i would find it hard to quit.

Do you guys think about weed much?
    And do you think you could quit?

I challenge anyone here to take a week T-break when they DO have weed at home and tell me how it goes.

2. #2 DaN Th3 WeeD, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2009
    I took a month long t break once while I had this realy awesome weed in my drawer. Lol the brake did kinda suck during later at nights because thats when I was used to smoking it. But when I finished the brake and smoked some of that weed I got the most unbelievable high ever. Ten times better than my first high, the long brake was well worth it.

3. Ironic I ran across this thread this morning!
    I quit for a little over a month, and after the first cople of days, it is all good. I thought that I would have a difficult time with it myself as I got pretty wrapped up in smoking....but it wasn't what I thought it would be. I actually decided to quit to get some clarity about my "habits"...it worked wonders.

I am smoking again, and have been for a couple of weeks, and I must say, it is so much more enjoyable. I only smoke when I have a bad headache, and when I just need to relax a little bit. My tolerance is way better, and my highs are def more intense. I am happy that I took a break!

So....HELLO GC! I haven't been on since July, and I have missed you!!!
    Have a fabulous Wake-nBake!

4. Everything in moderation.

5. in my oppinion. if you are so dependent on weed that you could not ever possible quit if you tried, you should not be smoking it in the first place. just my two cents

6. I think about it alot. The only times I ever really take a T break is when I go on vacation. Its always very much worth the wait but if theres nothing making me wait, it wont happen. So to answer your question, I would have a very hard time stopping if I had weed around.

7. i got charged with possession a while back and today is my first day of no smoking for a while, so i can pass a drug test, it's going to suck so bad

8. now adays i usually only get to smoke about one week out of a month, and when i do its in moderation. ive quit smoking for a few months before with no problem at all. i think about cannabis all the time, but i dont need to smoke it to enjoy it. thats why gc is here

9. it depends does your life revolve around weed as in you sit around and do stereotypical stoner things(munch, watch cartoons or just sit really high at a friends house) or do you live an active life that you find more enjoyable with weed? its very easy to go with out when you are active all the time but when your sitting around sober doing nothing of course all you want to do is get high.

10. Even if you have an otherwise active life it can still be difficult if you get into a routine, like smoking first thing in the morning or right before bed. For the first week or so taking a shower or falling asleep just won't feel right. Or always smoking when you watch a certain tv show, while doing a certain activity or being with certain people, without the weed it doesn't feel right.

It passes quickly though.

11. I can go on a t-break when I need to. Or if there is an important part of my life when I can't be high all the time and i'm fine. But other than that why would I want to quit?

12. im a bit of an addict in general. i always wanna be high on something

EDIT i am fairly active

13. good point man some people just like being fucked up all the time. like me :smoke:

14. I have a t-break beginning today. I'm used to smoking pretty much all day every day. I have taken month+ breaks before and it really is much easier after the first day, easier after the second, even easier after the third and on the fourth... I tend to forget about weed.

It does get me edgy though, I snap a LOT more easily when I am on a break and I don't like that.

15. This is correct!! Everything in moderation.

I think what I missed the most was the action of smoking. I was a long time ciggie smoker, and quit in May. I replaced a lot of my ciggie smoking with smoking herbs. Now that I look back on it, I needed to quit both to be really successful with the smokes. I remember I used to think, "I can't have a cigarette, but I can smoke a joint!" I am sure the rest is clear.

16. I am currently on day one of a t-break. I have no weed currently but it wouldnt be hard for me to get some if I werent on this break.

17. genius

18. I plan to take a T-break after my 20th birthday (October 3rd). I'm planning for it to last at least 2 weeks, maybe a month depending on how I'm feeling at 2 weeks. I've just noticed that I don't get high like I used to anymore and my brain feels a little bit 'slower' (for lack of a better term) than it used to.

I've realized weed should to be smoked in moderation and that a break will be a good start in me stopping smoking daily.

Best of luck to anyone who decides to take a break!

19. Fuck, im a stoner. :O

20. funny story, i got like 5-6 grams in my container beside me..
    i said that i'd be on a t-break starting today for 2 weeks..

i'm thinking about smoking no lie.