Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Could you quit?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BayAreaNative, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Title pretty much says it all. Everybody says that marijuana isn't addictive, and physically it isn't, but I would say that I have a mental addiction to it. If I had to quit, it would be hard, but I think I could do it. What about you guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. We all think we can do it. But it actually takes patience to quit weed. And if you're gonna quit. Then how are you gonna have patience with no weed? I tried quitting before. It was easy, but it was LSD that helped me quit, honestly i do not know how.

3. You know you're addicted when you want to quit something badly but can't.

How often does that apply to weed?

4. When you have priorities, quitting isn't that hard.

5. No it would be really hard for me to quit annoying all of you guys :p

6. Try taking up boxing, like full time. Add a 45min full body weights workout to it, and an hour long intense cardio session. Smoking will be AWESOME, but you will definitely not need to as much.

Studies show that just 30min of rigorous physical activitiy curbed weed cravings by almost 50%..... think of what 30mins plus a shitload more could do!

7. Seems to me that endorphins really help push it to the back burner.

Start running or lifting or anything physical.

It will make it considerably easier psychologically.     B)

8. #9 Deleted member 839659, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    I haven't smoked in eleven days. First week was difficult. This week is a bit easier. Next will be even easier. Speaking from past experience; after one and a half month to two months it completely leaves my thoughts and I forget I was even smoking before.

I don't want to quit but (long story) I have to.

Is it physically addictive? No fracking idea. I wanna say yes, but at the same time I don't have any empirical evidence.

I mean when I quit my withdrawal symptoms are depression, lowered appetite and anhedonia. The anhedonia being the worst of them. But those are such harmless "withdrawal symptoms" that you'd get laughed out of an NA meeting.

Comparing this to when I don't smoke cigarettes for more than two days where I go batshit crazy - even if weed is physically addictive, it's the easiest addiction to beat.

Now compare that to alcoholism or strong substances (real drugs) it makes the addiction to weed look like the addiction to... I don't know, eating fast food?

I am planning on starting again but it won't be for another 2-3 months. And I'm cool with that. I'll keep living a normal life.

I've also spoken to old school hippies who smoked daily back in the 70's. Well I've spoken to one. And he quit, his friends quit. They don't look back.

I don't want to be one of those who claim weed is a miracle substance that has absolutely no down sides. But when it comes to addiction, it's the least of my concerns.

9. Could I quit? Sure. I did for a few months during fall semester. Gotta say though, things are better now that I'm smoking more & more.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. ya no problem i have had to stop smoking in the past plenty of times never been a problem for me

11. Very interesting question. Def not physically addicting. Ive quit many times for different reasons, usually cause there was something i wanted more an grass got in the way. At 15 months no smokey at the moment. There is nothing like grass to help ya relax when ur stressed. Mostly for me, i love growin and am very passionate about it. Wont grow agian till this summer an might not smoke till harvest comes in which would put me at two years off. Damn, im gonna get ripped:) i am goin on trip to jamiaca in febuary, that could end clean streak pretty easy:)

12. I quit for about six months last year.  It wasn't terribly difficult.  I had a handful of "I could really use a smoke right now" moments, but I didn't have trouble sleeping or anything.  

So yeah, I could do it.  I just don't see any reason to right now.

13.  Why quit though. People quit addictions from hard drugs because they kill you, and are life destroying. If you smoke weed to the point where you consider yourself addicted than why bother quitting? What do you have to gain? You act as if cannabis addiction is a bad thing, but it's only bad if it interferes with your life in a negative way. I'm on a T break but I normally smoke every day, it doesn't disrupt my life in anyway, so I have no reason to quit.

14. I'm on tbreak right now and it sucks, but its manageable :) the first days are kinda bad if u used to smoke a lot but u'll get over it :)

15. I quit for ten years and then went to great lengths to start smoking again . . . so yes.

Although when I quit bud, I started smoking cigarettes. Now THOSE were hard to quit.

16. I quit for 13 years no problem and I really started using again about two years ago. I now have no reason to quit but if I had to no problem. Easy peasy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Anything enjoyable can be mentally addictive. People are addicted to shopping, food,etc... and most females are addicted to bitching. I wouldn't wana quit cuz it helps with alota health issues and it makes me feel good than mufuka, but if I wanted to I could quit.

18. No of course not, never
    My neurons have been mutated to intake marijuana molecules everyday, if i stopped my system would go in shock.
    Dabs are my SSRI