Could you live forever?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Broosh, Jan 20, 2009.

1. just curious as to what the answers to this would be :)

do you think you could live forever?

Personally i don't think I could. obviously with the whole aging process, etc. etc. it would be incredibly worse. but even so, who wants to live forever? :)

2. maybe it would certainly be interesting to see what happens to the universe thousands of years from now and would also give you a lot more freedom with choices you make not having to worry about death. but I would only want to if I could stay relatively active or at least not age past 50. But then if there is an afterlife i would want to know what that is like too.

so i guess im on the fence lol

3. Maybe if you could stop the aging process. Then I'd live for a couple hundred years longer traveling around the world and smoking herb in every country.

4. Everyone dies.

5. I think I could for awhile, but after everyone that I know/cared about is dead, there would be no point really.

6. As long as I didn't age I would have no problem being immortal.

Sure eventually all my friends would die and that would be a sad moment for me, but I'd think I'd be able to continue for eternity. Meeting new people, doing new things, different things, always learning, always moving, hell after a couple thousand years you might even try to see if you could kill yourself. You'd get to experience so much more than any human ever, than any being ever. Essentially you'd be able to do it all. Help the human race over the years as it continues from it's infancy to it's end. See new species, hopefully travel out into space as we continue to develop techonology.

I mean just think of the things that came up in the last 20 to 30 years, that people from the 1800s would be absolutely astounded by, that could be you except you know, progressing at a normal pace.

Seriously I don't think I could pass it up, sure death is something to be embraced but to literally be able to live life to the fullest and experience everything... man... I just don't even know how I could say no..

7. I'd rather experience death than see what the world is like 100 years from now.

8. I watched a movie awhile back about a man who lived forever.

"The Man from Earth"
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

Pretty good movie and worth checking out if you have time, will really make you think about life.

9. Nah mane I wouldnt want to watch all my family and friends die off around me until Im alone. Ive made peace with death and am curious about whats on the other side.

10. watching everyone around me die would be too depressing. and what if you got fucked up and got stuck in teh bottom of a huge pit all by yourself and you couldn't get out and were stuck for YEARS and you couldn't kill yourself out of boredom. fuck that i'd rather live my life to the fullest for the duration that i'm here.

11. Yeah seriously. The world is going to be so fucked up in the future, more fucked up than it is now... I'm happy I'm alive now so I don't have to see the world in 100 years.

12. Well even if you did live forever what the fuck would you do after the sun blows up?

13. Think about this...if you lived forever, what would you do if you contracted a disease like ebola...

There is no cure for it, and 90% of all cases are fatal. First, you bleed from your rectum, then your nostrils, and pretty soon you'll be bleeding from your ears, eyes, and every other oriface you have until you run out of blood and collapse on the ground.

Now imagine having to do that forever...spending eternity on the ground where you collapsed, bleeding from every hole in your body.... some guy on acid pointed that out to me.