Could weed help heal a fever?

Discussion in 'General' started by MapleOnMyBelly, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Has it worked for anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You mean for the common cold or flu? Probably not because that's your body's natural way of ridding itself of the sickness. It gets really hot as an attempt to kill the infection. Weed mostly helps relieve the symptoms of nausea, headache, ect

Sent from four score and seven years ago

3. I agree with Captain Jack. Weed will not "heal" a fever, since a fever is your body's way of healing itself.

That being said, I'm sure a good time would certainly make you feel better.

4. Pry not but it might make you feel better. :)

5. #5 Cereal Killer, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    I've never seen any research suggesting antipyretic effects of marijuana. So probably not.

If you have a fever and it's bothering you, try taking some ibuprofen or acetaminophen/paracetamol. But like the others said, weed might make you feel a little better and take your mind off it a little while :)

Hope you feel better, OP!

6. Weed might make whatever is causing the fever worse

7. #7 MapleOnMyBelly, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
    Yeah I've been taking Advils but I kind of need too much for the recomended daily dose.

I only have a sinusitis but fuck it's killing me.

I've had fever with terrible headaches and pain in the bone structure of my skull for the past week+ and I have to wait for at least another 4-5 days for antibiotics .... smh

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Smoke can worsen lung problems when you're sick. And possibly sinuses, tho for me it make them clearer. Some people say smoking weed prolonged their colds.

With that said, edibles will relieve symptoms without causing problems that smoking would. If interested I suggest .5g dank or 1g mid to start, you'll get high.

9. There's no reason to assume this

10. #10 iAmBetty, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
    Im not an expert or anything, so maybe you're right. I just thought I read a few times weed can weaken your immune system and make it harder to fight off a cold or flu or something. Couldnt that make the fever last longer?

I know I usually feel worse if I smoke when I'm sick. After the highs wears off

Either way, someone already said it.. Ibuprofen is your friend, OP

11. I'm not saying it does but if cannabis helps inflammation, and there are many reports that it does, it should help a fever as fever is our bodies response to inflammation.  If it doesn't then it's not much of an anti-inflammatory drug now is it?