Could use some advice

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Smokey Jim, Apr 11, 2011.

1. I figured this would be my best bet regarding getting some more information regarding my situation (best bet on this site, anyways).

This happened in Rockford, Michigan

Ok. So last night I got pulled over for having a headlight out, the car reeked of marijuana because my buddy and I were just smoking. It was more than obvious so my complaint isn't on being questioned (that's a different argument all together). We both got taken out of the car and I took the fall since it was my weed, my car, I was driving, and it was my one hitter they found so it's not right for my buddy to take any blame in this, legally.

With that it mind, I got charged with OWI/OUID in addition to possession of marijuana, which was a quarter ounce. They took my blood after the arrest so I'm assuming they are at least trying to get me for OWI or OUI rather than a lesser charge. However, earlier in the year I applied for my MMJ card, sent in all my paperwork and was informed I would be 100% legal on 4/20/2011 (How fucking sweet it that! Ha), yet this arrest took place on 4/10/2011 (the day after my birthday!). Now, my court date is 4/20/2011 (not so sweet) the same day my license will be valid.

Can I use that in my case? Should I? I already know it won't effect me getting my license since it has already been processed and it isn't a felony offence.

Does anybody have any insight on what my best options are? Has anybody been in a similar situation that could help me out?

Oh yeah, and my buddy got charged with possession because the weed was under his seat, even though I admitted to putting it there. That part is bullshit in my opinion, but whatever.

Any help or information would be very much appreciated, I've read all the MMJ and Michigan Marijuana Laws and I just can't get a solid answer.

A nice recap... 4/10/2010 -> Dumped 4/10/2011 - > arrested
    Next year, I'm staying in my house the day after my birthday.

2. Set up a consultation with a lawyer (or 2 or 3). Initial consultations are free.

3. Lawyer up BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4. yeah im gonna get on that tomorrrow for sure, anyone happen to know what to expect from any knowledge lol? i figured id have to lawyer up, i just dont want probation........bump?

5. smoke a couple bowls
    never know what could happen depending on where you live :confused_2: