Could use some advice on a recurring issue i've been experiencing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by buffan53, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Hello all!

I am fairly new to growing and have come across an issue that I have seen a few times now in my limited grows. I thought I had the solution but can't seem to get it right.

The symptoms I am experiencing are the top leaves of the plant burning up. I was using a 600w HPS during my past grows. The light created a ton of heat that i could get rid of fast enough and thought i was experiencing heat stress that was burning up the leaves and eventuallly the buds. I have since switched over to 2x 300w LED lights. The heat is way lower, but I'm still getting the same symptoms. The burning starts at the tips and moves in.

The research i have done may suggest a phosphorus deficiency or maybe something to do with gnats, but not really sure. I have some "roots organic" seabird guano that I was thinking about putting on the but wanted so see if anyone had any suggestions before I messed something up :). I have attached 3 photos of the plant showing the symptoms.

I also have one other plant showing an odd symptom I've never really seen before. I have attached 1 photo of that one. It is image. 181218.

Thanks for your time!

Attached Files:

2. #2 Herbanlegendz, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    I'm far from as seasoned as some of the vets on here, in my opinion it looks like nute burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. Appreciate the input! I will have to scale it back on the nutes. Would you suggest a flush with straight ph'd water or just scale it back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brother. What you've got here is a typical nutrient burn. What's the soil your using. Does it have nutes in it and if so what and are you adding more to it. No question that's nutrient burn.
    Always start feeding at 1/4th to a half strength. The plants don't need anymore than that unless it's an especially hungry bitch like my citrus haze plant. The damd thing just won't stay green through flower. Yellowing too soon for my comfort anyway. I don't like losing fans till the last couple weeks.
    A 600 shouldn't be burning plants anyway , my outdoor plants have survived weeks straight of 100 degree heat and they're doing fine. As a matter of fact I absolutely love 600 hps lamps because you can get them so close to the tops that you actually recieve more light than a 1000 watt.

What soil and what food are you using.

• Like Like x 1
  5. This here plant was grown using 1 table spoon to 4 gallons of water. That's how little they need. And it's growing in promix which has no nutes in it till you add em. 20160823_111217.jpg 20160823_173253.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Flush it with pure water. Put out the fire.

• Like Like x 1
  7. soil is slacking....indoor potting mix. The nutes are general hydroponics bloom, micro, and gro. I have been using the suggested amount they have listed on the label.

8. those look very nice!

• Like Like x 1
  9. okie dokie. sounds like a plan.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you. Very much.

11. Yeah bro. I would back that feeding down to maximum half strength. I'm using general organics too. Biothrive and it really doesn't take much. Barely any at all.

12. I would dial it back a bit on the nutes, keep your eyes on any new growth to see if they show any similar signs of nute burn! How far along into flowering are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. I have to say I wouldn't call that classic nut burn. It almost looks like they're getting too hot. You don't have burnt tips on a all the leaves. Not saying nut burn isn't possible but sometimes too much heat can look similar. Do you monitor your temps? Do you have an exhaust fan in the room and a fan blowing on the plants?

Full recommended strength on GH is pretty strong. I use about 1/2 in DWC hydro.

14. I'm almost at 4 weeks into flowering.

15. Temps, no meter reading it, but switched to LED's to reduce it. Exhaust fan is my next investment. I do have a fan blowing on them at all times