Could This Work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Romeclipper, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Hello,

I read the forums daily but hardly ever post but today I am here to ask a couple of questions as I am thinking about doing my first grow.

I am thinking of growing my plants in a PC case, how viable is this? and will I be able to fit everything in to keep it discreet?

How big of a container do I actually need to grow a plant for myself and how much does a typical plant yield?

Thank you

2. 100 percent doable and works well in the right conditions. My old one was also very stealth. It does however restrict the amount you can grow. Decide weither u want to grow enuff to cover all ur smoking needs or just as a side hobby. Also keep in mind that flowering requires slightly different lighting and timeing schedule. In 1 small area u will have to use it for veg AND flower. Making perpetual harvest impossible. You would hate to make a whole stealth pc, to realize it isnt enough room for your needs. Good luck!

3. Had a friend that just stacked 2 storage totes for his single plant grows, worked out well.

4. And in terms of harvest...I'd have to say you wouldn't be able to get more than 14-28 grams [28 is if you're a pro at this]

5. Go check out bongsauce micro grow journal .

420_Grow

6. #8 RetarrrdedTexas, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    i grew an ok plant once using a PC, on top of two rubbermaid totes taped together.....just cut a whole on top, and actually used the PC power supply to run fans and house my 8 28w CFL's... 5 gallon bucket for container, and i would just stack in top of another bucket to get it closer to the lights in the beginning... it didnt yeild much, i think like 9 grams dried... but i only vegged for 4 weeks.... and this was with less than 200 watts of CFL...

it's doable... i have much better results vegging inside under 1 600w HPS, and then throw them out to flower in the sun...

7. I did exactly the same thing . Lol havent finished yet . Im doin a micro grow and two outside grows

420_Grow

8. #10 RetarrrdedTexas, Aug 13, 2014

it's amazing the things you can do with little to no money if your not afraid to get your hands dirty and have a little bit of ghetto ingenuity in ya :)

you ever watch trailer park boys? in one episode ricky is making these ready to grow boxes..... in those big city recycling bins (basically a big trash can with a big sturdy lid..... that should would actuallly work awesome.....combine a gutted computer case (just keep the power supply, and rig a way to turn it on (easy to do with a standard ATX power supply, it's just shorting two wires in the connector)

cut some holes in the side of the bin and power intake and exhaust fans with the power supply, use the rest of the inside of the case to mount lights (either use a few hundred watts of CFL's or really anything else you want to for that matter if you can make it fit.... and keep heat to a reasonable level..

cut wholes like a salt shaker in the bottom of the bin, and just put your soil directly into it... it would be pretty portable, and would have enough room to actually grow a big enough plant to yeild a few oz's... 

i'd love to do this one day just as a side project.. would be absolutely badass to have portable 4 month seed to harvest auto box...

9. Yea i saw it on netflix. And i would love to try that too. Just need the time. Sooner or later ill do it.

420_Grow

man all the rubbermaid stuff is like so great for growing...i wonder if they consider that kind of stuff when they make these totes and bins...lol diy growers dreams..

i made a sweet little clone cabinet out of one of those rubbermaid "shelves drawers" it's like a little shelf, with deep plastic drawers... i used a bunch of toilet paper roll insides (the actual carboard roll) filled em with dirt, lined the bottom of the drawer with em... boom, stays humid in there on my back porch, can just make a little hole in the dirt with a pencil, take a cutting, dip in rooting gel/powder, put it in the tp roll, close the drawer, come back in a week and you got a perfect little clone, in a makeshift jiffy starter (tp roll) :)

11. Damn. I can build my mini grow cab. I know carpentry . So when i get the wood ill be doing that .

420_Grow

12. Thanks for the replies!

I'm wanting to grow enough to cover what I smoke (about a quarter a week) and enough to sell to close friends and relatives. Will 2 plants be overkill?

Also I am a carpenter so would constructing a grow box be easier than buying one?

13. hell yesssss either make yourself a little box up and put 400 dollars worth of lights in there instead of wasting 400 bux on that lil grow box a Q a week and to be selling to close friends and relatives youll be needing atleast and entire closet.... i have a 800mm wide by 500mm deep closet and growing one huge plant and im still unsatisfied with what im gonna get for, JUST myself..... im not even thinking about anyone else and i myself smoke about a half to a oz a week 

Attached Files:

14. Nice thanks for the info!

One plant should be enough for me then if I build a decent size grow box? How tall should I build this box?

Also what strain should I grow if it's my first grow? Or do they all relatively act the same when growing?

15. #17 UpAndComer, Aug 13, 2014
    My one is almost 1 meter off the ground an that was using low stress training being only my first grow also i didnt think the stretch would be so bad (stretch is when you put the plant into flowering stage 12/12 light and dark in the first 2 weeks it will stretch for the sky then slow right down and make buds ) , this is because it was sativa dominant indicas also do this but no where near as bad. If you cant use a closet or build a big enough box approx 1.3m - 1.8m high  because you need to be discreet you will definitely need to go with a indica dominant strain as a 8 week flowering cycle as apposed sativa which is 10 to 12 (iv heard of pure strains that did 14 weeks like wtf..)  ( Indica: this is a couch lock high) (Sativa makes you motivated and creative and all that shit) and if you intend on 1 plant LST (Low Stress Training) you can make many many top colas and increase your yeild from 50% and over also you can keep your canopy lower 

16. This is really great information thank you!

I could possibly get away with
    (W:800mm x H:1500 x D:500) maybe a little shorter on the height (1300).

I'm thinking of building a frame out of 2x2 and then cladding it with MDF, I'm guessing this will be fine for the plants to grow in? Do I need to line the inside with a reflective material?

17. Use mylar or paint it white but not glossy white use flat white. But yea build one dont make it too small if you want build it where you have a base where you can change the height too. Make it wide af so you can grow more then one . If you build a base that is moveable then your lights can stay in place from the sides and top. Also i would just build a mini shed if you have your own property . Make it not too big but not too small. Have two rooms one in the front that shows regular shit like storage and in the back of it make the grow room. Get it itll be stealthy if you know what i mean . Build the door but make a shelf or cabinet on it so nobody will ever know what it is or een know that its a door. Ive tried it and it worked out but i moved and dont have the same place so i took it down and used the wood.

420_Grow

18. Lmaooooo check this plant . Someone asked if it shows preflower and said they were growing it since november ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407944564.111481.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407944574.013756.jpg speechless 😶😑 smh

420_Grow